Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amp Bypass Lead Help

hello dose anyone have a spare or unconnected amp bypass lead if so can you take me loads and loads of pics or tell me which cables goes where so i can cut the cables and connect it stright thru, i will be connecting my door speakers to my amp and want to make sure i know wot im doing before i try, i know how to do it in theory done a basic setup in my old 306 but when i was looking at the bypasss lead on eBay it looks like it has a power lead connected to it so that has baffeled me there a bit.

any help would be great, also if anyone knows how to connect my lexus amp to my aftermarket system and get it working so it can hep me save cash on buying a new one.

im thinking this may have been covered about a million times but done asearch didnt find what i was looking for.

-Thanks

hello dose anyone have a spare or unconnected amp bypass lead if so can you take me loads and loads of pics or tell me which cables goes where so i can cut the cables and connect it stright thru, i will be connecting my door speakers to my amp and want to make sure i know wot im doing before i try, i know how to do it in theory done a basic setup in my old 306 but when i was looking at the bypasss lead on ebay it looks like it has a power lead connected to it so that has baffeled me there a bit.

any help would be great, also if anyone knows how to connect my lexus amp to my aftermarket system and get it working so it can hep me save cash on buying a new one.

im thinking this may have been covered about a million times but done asearch didnt find what i was looking for.

-Thanks

just had another look at the picture and i think i will be able to work it out when i start cutting the cables and testing them but would still like your help to save me getting anything wrong.

-Thanks

Why not just buy the lead, it's only £30 ish.

You can't use the Lexus amp for anything other than the standard stereo, certainly not like a normal car amp anyway.

And of your connecting the front speakers to an after market amp anyway theres not much point in having the lead you may as well go the whole hog and change everything.

If you look here it explains all about the Amp bypass lead: Clicky

Stav

£30 is a lot of money to me at the moment when i can jus cut the leads and connect them stright up, ive spent alot of money on getting the car repaired and then the sterio and stuff im going to put in it would ike to save my self a bit of cash maybe put toards getting a better setup

i wont be putting the origional sterio back in as it got an err3 and i had to break it to get the cds out

would rather put £30 towards vetter speakers then just some wires im sure i can work out which cables go to which speakers etc

• 3 weeks later...
What have you done about the rear speakers? as there is two speakers on each side, one on top of another.

Stav

ok i know this isnt the best solution and as im not electrician i just wired them to the same speaker cable from the stereo as shown in diagram hope u can understand it -it seems to work fine

if i shouldnt have done it how dose the bypass cable on eBay do it?

Also if anyone wants me to go into details on what cable and where to connect it to please let me know im thinking off doing a guide but not sure if i should tell people to be cheap like me and istead by the bypass cable.

-Thanks

post-19741-1192127337.gif

i was just thinking would this have been a better option if it works<see diagram below> im going to give it a go when i fit my system which is being held up by royal mail strikes

***after thought*** would they both be the same jus look different on paper?

post-19741-1192128669.gif

What about the different impedences ?

I hear a bang or a splutter coming on

thats what i was thinking but its been fine so far so good :whistling:

how dose the bypass cable solve this, im thinking it would only connect one of the speakers

dose the bypass cable make bith speakers work?

i was thinking today about the amp and why it can not be used with a standard system jus need to figure out what each cable dose - shouldnt be too hard i think jus need somthing to give me 12 volts will need a bench power supply me thinks

I have a bypass lead from when they where first sold on eBay after Lee Iceman tested them, but from what I read every so often is the bypasss lead not just a extension lead really??? although it does make it easier just to change the stereo back in the future when i come to sell it with err3 stupid lexus cd player

All 8 speakers work fine :)

i havent had the privilage to look at a cable but i dont see any special wiring or anything so im guessing its working the same way i done it

well anywqyz when i get a bit of free time im going to try and get the amp working

not just a extension lead

dose it have fuses or anything in it? alos do all 4 your rear speakers work?

anyone tried to wire up an after market system onto the origional amp?

This is how I have wired in a head unit using the existing amp.

Head unit will need front and rear pre-outs though.

Not had any probs. yet and sounds good.

Ampconnector.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links