Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wozza's Brake Calipers...

DJ Wozza

I am sure this is nothing new to most of you as yours are already done,

but finally :whistling: after ages of thinking about it the only question was Red or Black :unsure:

1. Car up on 4 Axle Stands

2. Calipers were wire brushed thoroughly and cleaned. Lots of swearing for rain interuption at this stage :megaangry:

3. Several (& I do mean several) coats of Hammerite Smooth Red applied by some small brushes

4. Lots of patience to avoid the slap it on mentality :whistling:

5. By the time one wheel was finished, move onto the next wheel in in circular motion round the car.

6. Time to give the wheels a good clean whilst awaiting paint to dry/harden

7. Apply Chrome decals

BrakeCalipers1.jpg

8. Re-fit wheels (carefully), stand back and admire

9. Take pictures quick as it's getting dark (they are a deeper red than they look but had to use a flash).

BrakeCalipers2.jpg

BrakeCalipers4.jpg

BrakeCalipers3.jpg

10. Say many thanks to PCIronmike for mountains of help, and a nice Pizza for lunch

(not forgetting Mrs PCIronmike for the endless supply of Diet Coke out of the fridge)

I'm really glad I went for the the Chrome Decals & Red in the end (it was very close between Red & Black) :winky:

I stopped at a garage on the way home to have a look under the light and am very happy with the results.

Next week I wanna do the full clay bar, polish, seal & wax thing.

Paul your paintwork is incredible !!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:offtopic: not gonna advertise but one of the big 2 delivery boys :winky:

We had 2 large and some wedges (but plenty left over between 3 of us)

Anyway (back on topic) the finish on the calipers is almost like a proper powder coat. You like it ?

Do you like the chrome decals too ?

Hmmm now I've started, clay bar and several step polish seal wax etc next week.

I am trying to get the time to put in the Screen into the Sat-Nav before the WIM open day.

Also maybe use the dynamat style sound deadning I've had sitting around for ages :whistling:

(the boot lid, bulkhead behind the rear seat and under the rear bench, and possibly front doors).

I seem to have built up a big list of things to do and am finally getting around to doing them :D

Nice, did u take the calipers off to paint them or did u paint them with the caliper on? Now that i've seen my caliper in original colour, i might get my calipers in black with white font...lol, but since i have 3 red calipers, i might as well do my new one in red (saves alot of work!). Also have you applied a coat of clear lacquer over the decals to protect them? Also noticed the decals you have for the front is straight, whereas mines slightly curved.....but never the less, nice job!

Looks very nice mate, very neat job :)

I put two coats of clear lacquer on mine to protect the stickers, but many have said you don't need them so it should be fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links