Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Hid Headlight Conversion

TomC27

Hi Guys

Had this Saturday free so went and fitted a few mods HID's, Scangauge, Exhaust trim.

This Topic is for HID Conversion kit.

Really easy to fit - bought from www.hids4u.co.uk £ 99.00 + pp = £ 104.00 total - I went for the 9006 range 6000 brightness HS4 bulb conversions.

Took me about 1 hour but was being very cautious and checking everything as I went along. (Could easily be done in half an hour now as I know the routine)

Only problem was no double sided sticky pads in kit - phoned and they had none in stock but will send cable ties !! I went to B&Q but none - helpful guy there said try Halfords - number plate fixings - ideal. (I bought to 2 packs £ 2.49 each but you could get away with 1)

Have attached a few pics.

Instructions recommend a 'dry' run of installation to check bulbs etc. well worth it - all OK.

I fitted them and did not work - no panic - all you need to do is turn the connection into the existing bulb fitting - bingo !

If you need any further info pm me no probs. Only difficulty was on passenger side - a little tight for space so undid the existing indicator bulb and front sidelight bulb so that loom could be moved to allow greater access to rear of dipped light.

Plenty of cable length on kit so mounting was easy against suspension turrets.

Picture039.jpg Drivers side ballast location

Picture040.jpg HID Kit plus sticky pads

Picture041.jpg Passenger side Indicator bulb & sidelight removal for access to dipped bulb

Picture042.jpg Passenger side ballast location

Picture043.jpg Passenger side wiring

Just used them last night (Sun) - brilliant ! Literally - lol

Am well impressed with them and agree that one of the better and useful modifications.

• 3 weeks later...

I went for the 6000 as I understand you could be in trouble at MOT time if above this & also the lights go a more blue colour the higher you go.

Hi, what HID kit did you buy? 6000k 8000k?

it was kinda stated above

I went for the 9006 range 6000 brightness HS4 bulb conversions.

This should read 9006/HB4 (bulb type) 6000k (Bulb colour temp), & is exactly what I have on mine :D

As a quick guide that should help with colour ranges

4,300k slightly yellow output, very bright

6,000k very white output, very bright (probably best compromise)

8,000k slighly blue/purple tint, Less light output & may possibly be a tug off Old Bill

above 8,000k very blue/purple and even less bright light, almost deffo a tug from Old Bill

• 6 months later...
Hi, what HID kit did you buy? 6000k 8000k?

it was kinda stated above

I went for the 9006 range 6000 brightness HS4 bulb conversions.

This should read 9006/HB4 (bulb type) 6000k (Bulb colour temp), & is exactly what I have on mine :D

As a quick guide that should help with colour ranges

4,300k slightly yellow output, very bright

6,000k very white output, very bright (probably best compromise)

8,000k slighly blue/purple tint, Less light output & may possibly be a tug off Old Bill

above 8,000k very blue/purple and even less bright light, almost deffo a tug from Old Bill

Hi i have just brought this kit and it looks exacly like yours but i cant get it to work - i think i have connected it all up right as it looks very stright foward - but is there anything i could be doing wrong or somthing i should try?

-Thanks

ok thanks guys was thinking it cant be both sets dont work

yep thought id do a search to see if the question had been answered elsewhere but couldnt see it so brought up an old thread, but its a good thread so not so bad

***UPDATE***

yes u were right i just switched them around and it worked :-D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links