Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scangauge Installation

TomC27

Bought the Scangauge through LOC - delivery was next day.

Pm'd one of the guys on here to locate OBDII connector - just below bonnet release catch in driver's footwell.

Had to remove the central console section - don't panic - just lifts out - gently pull upwards where ashtray removed from - unscrew gearknob and it slides over gearstick - you can leave wires connected - cig lighter etc.

This gives you access to rear 'pocket' of console and wire can be fished from footwell through an aperture in rear on console.

Took me about an hour - had a bit of fun fishing the cable but could be done in about 30 minutes now.

Have attached a few pics.

Note - If you remove the Scangauge from the car - when you reconnect it make sure the car is running or the ABS light starts to flash.

Picture047.jpg Central console section lifted out.

Picture048.jpg View of rear of pocket to console showing aperture - right hand side for Scangauge cable.

Picture049.jpg Scangauge installed.

Looks good Tom,

Fitted mine yesterday, i decided to fit mine in front of the speedo cluster in the end as i know if i fitted it there i would keep looking down at it while im driving :whistling:

will get some pics up in a second............ :unsure:

Here we go.........

registry_mod-4058-1212939989.jpg

Jason :P

Hi Rabster - yes it was new through this site on a discount offer - £ 110.40 incl pp

Jason_I - yes nice location (nice dash dials) - just prefered in centre console for me as like to remove from car and can hide the cable easier when not in position.

Looking forward to playing with the new tpy - lol

yep just placed my order looking forward to it as it looks like it will do what i was after kicking my self that i missed the othere thread and discusions the other month i could have had it and been playing with it on my long drives lol

Gone mine installed same as TomC27 location, can definiately recoommend the unit as it's a good piece of kit.

I find the stats on the trip computer most interesting, it tells me how much it costs me in fuel to go to the shops (it auto calculates for each trip you do from start engine to stop) :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links