Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My personal opinion is unless you have seen another Lexus IS250 done by the company then don't go there. This from experience. The first company I used took over twice as long as estimated and at the end of it there were many little bubbles that they said would go away in three weeks. They didn't and due to the distance involved and lack of confidence I had a long drawn out process to get a refund. This was one of the main players in the UK. The second removed the film from the first which had also yellowed in less than 5 months. The second company again took a long time and although the fitting was berrer the pattern didn't fit well to the areas it was applied ( gaps round edges ), the bits on the wing mirrors never stuck properly at the edges and there are some bubbles. Additionally when you clean the car it leaves either minor scratches ( which can be fixed by rubbing with some form of alcohol ) or like a spray pattern that you get on the bonnet anyway that doesn't come off with washung and to date I haven't found a fix for.

It is clear from Steve's experiences that the Film Protection Systems completely fail to enhance the vehicle condition:far better & cheaper to Detail the car & try to minimise wear & tear issues even with very dark colours!

tel

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard very good things about www.paintshield.co.uk from some real perfectionists in the Porsche world. One bloke had his £80k 911 GT3 entirely coated with it!

In terms of maintenance, after you wash it, any fine scratches can be removed by wiping down with some special solvent.

Well they are the first company I dealt with. Yes, they do have a good reputation but I have pictures and emails from parent company showing they can get it wrong and that they are less than obliging when they do.

This is my personal opinion and not the opinion of this forum, it's owners or moderators.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links