Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem With Grom Audio Adaptor On Is200

it charges the ipod ok when its connected, but i cant make the headunit see "cd2" as the setup guide suggests. i have contacted grom and thye just reffered me to their FAQ page :duh:

have tried everything they have suggested, but headunit is not picking up that the adaptor is present at all. any suggestions of what could be wrong?

Mate,

the stereo will NEVER show CD2. Available is only:

CD: internal CD changer

CD1: external CD Changer (grom/iPod)

The thing what u can change when you're on grom is the "Disk number"

For example:

CD1 1 (DISK) n (Track) 00:00 (Time)

DISK 1 is for simple mode

DISK 2 to 6 is for advanced mode

Hope it helps

Sonnet

sorry what i mean was that it wont pick up that the ipod is connected, i think the headunit wont recognise the adaptor? what i thought happened was that you connected it up, and pressed the cd button twice so that it would see "cd1" eg the external cd changer?

sorry what i mean was that it wont pick up that the ipod is connected, i think the headunit wont recognise the adaptor? what i thought happened was that you connected it up, and pressed the cd button twice so that it would see "cd1" eg the external cd changer?

That's what should happen yes, it me ages to figure out that i had to press the CD button twice to enter CD changer mode. It's possible that your head unit is one of the models that just don't recognise the Grom, there are a few threads that mention this problem. I can't remember what model number doesn't work but i seem to remember something about the ones where you load the cd's at the bottom of the unit. If you run a search in the Audio/electronics group, you may be able to find something about it, sorry i can't help more.

yeah mine is a bottom loader, 13902 is the number.

i guess its going back to grom then, since they told me it would work fine :tsktsk:

Unfortunately 13902 is the one that doesn't work as far as I remember, no idea why as it seems to work fine with all the others.......

Have asked Grom for a return, hopefully the wont be awkward about since they told me it would work.

Well luckily I can sort it by plugging a lead into the AUX input in my audio proccessor unit, so its not a big problem, just means i cant control it off the headunit and will have to mount the Ipod somewhere :whistling:

I'm pretty sure there's another iPod dock available out there that another member on here fitted but can't remember what it's called - obviously it may have the same problem as this one but it's possible it doesn't. If you're interested, have a search around for it as it wasn't that long ago that there was a thread about it.

The other adaptor that appears to be available will disable the factory CD changer since mine is the bottom loader style, its working OK running off the proccessor box for the moment, just a shame it doesnt charge the Ipod and i cant control off thr headunit :(

Also Grom still havnt given me refund :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links