Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions On Vortex Fuel Savers Please

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your money would be better spent on a chocolate fire gaurd am afraid my friend saw thread on a different site and this is apparently rubbish and a sure way to waste money and to get dissapointed to mate lol

i would advise no not sure on other peoples opinions lol

Well I've bought one this week and will let you know how it goes over my standard week of a full tank of gas.

For only £10 delivered if it works only a bit then I'm better off as I use currently £15 a day.

Think about it for one minute. Is it that easy and cheap to increase power and "petrol mileage" by such large amounts? Strange how this guy on eBay knows it, yet Lexus, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Honda..etc, etc, don't fit one as standard to every car. Someone should tell them.

Waste of money, waste of time.

These are right up their with the "Super Power Chip" and the "Electric Supercharger"!

Scammers after gullible people's money. (Though I've been told the word gullible has been removed from the dictionary.)

Just because you read something on eBay, doesn't mean it is true.

If you really want to save petrol, mix a kilo of sugar with each full tank, it makes the fuel thicker so it burns slower and lasts longer.

EDIT: NEVER PUT ANYTHING IN YOUR TANK EXCEPT PURE, CLEAN, UNDILUTED FUEL.

Someone probably is actually that dumb, and I don't wanna be help responsible for caramelised injectors!

The best ways of saving money on fuel is to keep off your accelerator pedal as much as possible. When going down long hills, make sure you keep your car in drive as a modern petrol engine shuts the fuel off to the injectors so effectively, you get that downhill stretch for free. When waiting at level crossings, open your wondows and switch your engine off whilst waiting. When accelerating away, don't prod your accelerator pedal, gently apply pressure to it so as not to waste fuel as a small percentage will go unburnt. Now, that advice is for free so don't go spending any more money with these people who feel they can make a quick buck. Have a good weekend everyone.

Jim.

P.S. Sorry for being patronising.

The best ways of saving money on fuel is to keep off your accelerator pedal as much as possible. When going down long hills, make sure you keep your car in drive as a modern petrol engine shuts the fuel off to the injectors so effectively, you get that downhill stretch for free. When waiting at level crossings, open your wondows and switch your engine off whilst waiting. When accelerating away, don't prod your accelerator pedal, gently apply pressure to it so as not to waste fuel as a small percentage will go unburnt. Now, that advice is for free so don't go spending any more money with these people who feel they can make a quick buck. Have a good weekend everyone.

Jim.

P.S. Sorry for being patronising.

You should list that on eBay for £10.00 and free electronic delivery! :whistling:

Well I've bought one this week and will let you know how it goes over my standard week of a full tank of gas.

For only £10 delivered if it works only a bit then I'm better off as I use currently £15 a day.

:o :o :o one born every single minute :o :o :o

What I like about these replies is that it's from people who haven't tried it or got one or even a LS400 at that.

Look at it this way. I use £15 a day fuel and if the item only saves me 2 pence extra a day it won't be long that it has paied for itsself for such a small outlay.

And as for one born evey minute, As being in the trade/sales/garage/reapirs I have to try products to advise future customers if they work or not on my own findings and for other owner club websites.

:o :o :o one born every single minute :o :o :o

What I like about these replies is that it's from people who haven't tried it or got one or even a LS400 at that.

Look at it this way. I use £15 a day fuel and if the item only saves me 2 pence extra a day it won't be long that it has paied for itsself for such a small outlay.

And as for one born evey minute, As being in the trade/sales/garage/reapirs I have to try products to advise future customers if they work or not on my own findings and for other owner club websites.

Being in the trade I would expect you to know better...the question was asked and members simply gave their response in order to stop the op from wasting their hard earned cash

These things are a con full stop and if it were that easy I wonder why the likes of toyota spend millions of pounds each year in r&d if all they had to do was add a 10 dollar piece of equipment

wow i did not think it would cause trouble asking a simple question!!

Yes Chunkz - It's all your fault.................but has provided me with lots of entertainment as I watch the rain hammering on the windows of my Center Parcs "Villa" - I'm just grateful to the laptop and WiFi!!

wow i did not think it would cause trouble asking a simple question!!

Don't worry I'll let you know if I get any further miles on a full tank than I've been having.

What people are missing that they say they are rubbish without trying the product first. I have done my research in checking the replies left from other eBay users. The two main sellers I've checked are 98% positive from buyers. They have 12,000 and 4,000 feedbacks on them. That many people can't all be wrong, So after reading the replies I decided to try.

Classic example is the products that say they increase boost(Nitrox Hot Shot,10K Boost Petrol De-Coke to name two). All the forums and mags(max power & revs mainly) where raving about it. Came to light is that they reduce power and don't work at all. They sell around the ten pound mark aswell. If you want to check the results out then Fifth Gear have the article somewhere on a previous programme. Might be on you tube somewhere.

What people are missing that they say they are rubbish without trying the product first. I have done my research in checking the replies left from other ebay users. The two main sellers I've checked are 98% positive from buyers. They have 12,000 and 4,000 feedbacks on them. That many people can't all be wrong, So after reading the replies I decided to try.

Don't buyers normally post eBay feedback soon after they've received the item, and not after having had several weeks to try the item out ? :winky:

I look forward to your views on how it works once you've had a chance to try it out.

The question was asked and members are giving their opinions...I'm sure we don't all need to buy an LS400 to do so as this "wonder product" is for cars in general. Will you only advise LS400 owners in your "professional" capacity as you will not really be able to comment on it's usage on other vehicles.

2p daily saving...7 days/week...500 days to recoup your outlay, although I realise that this was probably just a random figure.

Been driving for 41 years and I've seen all these products before. If they worked at all, the makers would have had them snapped up by the major manufacturers long ago, instead of peddling them on eBay.

No doubt there will be more on offer, with fuel so pricey now.

Cannot beat the 'chocolate fireguard' remark - dead accurate.

Forgive me if I am wrong as a layman but aren't the series 1 and 2 LS400 fitted with Carmen Vortex airflow meters in an effort to maximise fuel efficiency as a standard fitment?

On a separate note I'm thinking of listing my patented motorcycle ashtrays on eBay :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links