Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Number Plate Lights

Hi all,

Now im sorry if this is a repost.........

Recently ive seen a few IS250's driving around and they have what looks to be almost an ice white/xenon rear number plate light and thought it was a nice touch.........nothing to major just a nice touch.

.........has anyone changed these lights on their IS and does anyone know what sort of lamp id need to buy to do this and still be legal!

Many Thanks.

So how do i go about doing it and what bulbs do i need??? Anyone got any pics of the result??

Geoffers did a walk through which i found brill iv put LED`s in mine but hard 2 show result on a photo :crybaby:

Here you go :

CLICKY

Didn't have the exact pics, used ones from reversing camera install but should be enough.

I get the impression there could be two different styles - the one I've done here is a later model and you can't get to the lamp assembly without taking the cover back bar off. Maybe you could on earlier model, I'm not sure.

Either way, if you can get to the lamp assembly sooner then happy days. The pics will still help.

Usual disclaimer: When in doubt, don't. Information given in good faith. No responsibility if car turns purple. blah, blah, etc.

Thank you!!!!

Now to ask a really stupid question but is there any specific type of bulb i need or will any with the same connector do??

I carnt remember the number :blush: think they mite b like the side light 1`s :unsure:

Would like to do this too. Got into lights recently! Done blue interior, about to do HID plus LED sidelights and LED flashing brake lights.

That guide says bayonette bulbs, so i dont think same as side lights?

Anyone got a reccommendation for a good replacement bulb(s) for the number plate?

I'm planning a rear view camera soon so will do at same time. Anyone reccommend a good camera?

Would like to do this too. Got into lights recently! Done blue interior, about to do HID plus LED sidelights and LED flashing brake lights.

That guide says bayonette bulbs, so i dont think same as side lights?

Anyone got a reccommendation for a good replacement bulb(s) for the number plate?

I'm planning a rear view camera soon so will do at same time. Anyone reccommend a good camera?

Number plate bulbs are the 501w/T10 matey, Put ice white inverted led's in mine and look quite good :) Ask Wozza about the camera mate as the ones he has fitted seem very good quality and give a good picture :)

Some of these bulb fitments are not right as some have found out due to changes of model if there are any that are wrong please let me know THANKS...

LEXUS IS200 99-

Dip Beam - 9006/HB4

Main Beam - 9005/HB3

Sidelight - 501w /T10/W5W

Side Turn - 501w /T10/W5W

Front Fog 99-2003 - 9006/HB4

Front Fog 2003- H3

Sportcross front fog - H3

Rear High Mounted Stop Light - 955 / T15

Licence Plate - 501w /T10/W5W X 2

Rear Fog - T20 /7440

Reverse light - T20 /7440

Rear indicator - amber 581

Stop/Tail - R580 /w21\5w

Interior Middle Dome - 269 /festoon 31mm

Interior Front - Ba9

Glove Box - R286 / 5mm

Ignition barrel ring - R286 / 5mm

Door Marker lights - 501w /T10/w5w

Boot Light - 501w /T10/w5w

Aztec 2 the rescue again ;)

Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread..............BUT.........I finally got round to getting the lights out to put the LED ones in and i put them in and took them straight back out as they seemed so so dull in comparison to the normal bulbs........

What sort of LED/Bulbs has people used in theirs???

Ive tried these two sorts in mine(these are as close as i can get to finding the right pics of google! lol)............both of them were white and the second of the two was brighter but nowhere near as bright as i thought it should be! Is there a law about how bright they should be??

LED501W.jpg

superlux-blue.jpg

I have the bright white inverted led's in mine and are quite bright at night and passes the mot fine :) Here's a pic of mine fitted, will try and find one where i havn't blanked out the number plate as they do look quite bright but will give you an idea at the moment, plus you can see how bright they are by the way they are lighting the rear bumper up :)

darkrearpic.jpg

I have some spare LEDs that I was thinking of putting in my number plate lights, but now I'm thinking they probably won't be bright enough.

There are so many LEDs on eBay, even with the same fitting, it's a bit confusing for my poor brain :duh:

I have the bright white inverted led's in mine and are quite bright at night and passes the mot fine :) Here's a pic of mine fitted, will try and find one where i havn't blanked out the number plate as they do look quite bright but will give you an idea at the moment, plus you can see how bright they are by the way they are lighting the rear bumper up :)

darkrearpic.jpg

Those look good. So if I just look for T10 5W5 "inverted" LEDs on eBay then that should do the job ?

What does the "inverted" mean in the name ?

I have some spare LEDs that I was thinking of putting in my number plate lights, but now I'm thinking they probably won't be bright enough.

There are so many LEDs on eBay, even with the same fitting, it's a bit confusing for my poor brain :duh:

darkrearpic.jpg

Those look good. So if I just look for T10 5W5 "inverted" LEDs on eBay then that should do the job ?

What does the "inverted" mean in the name ?

They throw more light out instead of straight out in 1 direction

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links