Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Or Orange

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO NO NO NO NO.

DO NOT buy the eBay kits, they are ****

Send me your email address in a pm and i'll send you how to change you dash over to blue/or whatever colour you want, and you'll bve able to read your dials at night.

***BEWARE*** to change your A/C and radio to blue so it looks good you must be handy with a soldering iron.

Stav

NO NO NO NO NO.

DO NOT buy the Ebay kits, they are ****

Send me your email address in a pm and i'll send you how to change you dash over to blue/or whatever colour you want, and you'll bve able to read your dials at night.

***BEWARE*** to change your A/C and radio to blue so it looks good you must be handy with a soldering iron.

Stav

Listen to stav on this one.

I have blue dash and its cool.

Theres a thread on here somewhere about it with the sizes on but you do have to swap the bulb holders for the original ones at least I had to anyway but it's easy enough to do, you can usually get the bulbs off e-bay but they have to be a certain type to spread the light properly Chris(Aztecbandit) knows about this type of stuff so he will probably be able to point you in the right direction, the only thing with mine is there not that bright somaybe soldering would improve that or maybe it's just down to the bulb.

ok, i thought this whole LED changing would be a peace of cake but either im doin it wrong or there is more to it that i thought.

i took off the outer casing of the dash

then unscrewed the display unit and unplugged

then opened the unit (took the clear case off)

then took all the screws out from the back

got the dials out of the casing but still no sign of led's

how much more do i have to take this bad boy apart?

i thought it seemed a bit much, but can figure out how to get to the led's. n dont wanna take it apart too much

Dont hold me 2 this but when u lift the whole thing out bulbs r behind @ the back so no need 2 undo anything else :unsure: they have little orange jackets on lol

How many are changeable :question: think I will order some and give it a whirl myself as Aztec hansn't taken the bait :D

:lol: somebody call my name LOL

If you know how to get your clocks out mate its quite easy to do as theres only 6 screws that need to be removed there's 2 at the top of the clock surround and 1 by the ignition? when you've taken these 3 out the clock surround just pulls off, (to make it a bit easier to get to, drop your steering wheel down using the height adjuster), When the surrounds removed you will see 3 gold screws holding the clocks in place, again 2 at the top and 1 at the bottom remove these and pull the clocks forward and unplug the cables from the rear :)

All i used was 3 inverted wide angle bright blue leds, there the 501w led's the same as your side light bulbs push in type (try not to buy the led's that have 4 small led's at the end as they dont spread the light enough to light the clocks) and change them on the clocks? I got mine off e-bay for a couple of pound and i've got the same in my side lights now? There not hard to do mate as there is only 3 of them in the clocks its the big ones with the orange covers on the bulbs which you'll see when the clocks are out think they all have blue bulb holders?

You just twist them out of the clocks then pull the original bulbs out of the bulb holder and push the LED bulbs back into the bulb holder then twist them back into the clocks, Then you put the clocks back in place but not screwing them in at first, connect the two plugs in the back to the clocks and turn on your side lights to check that there working which they should do, if they dont take the LED out again and turn it around and try again, when they all light up fix your clocks back in place and there you have it? It only took me 10 mins at the most to do :D

If you want to make the clocks all blue and not have the rainbow effect you'll need a pair of T5 wide angle led's to change the 2 small ones with blue bulb holders which you'll see when the clocks are out?

If you get stuck mate give me a shout and i'll try and help you out :D Simple but effective i think? :D

As 2D says above mate,

There are lots of bulbs in the back of the clocks, the ones you need to swap over are the 3 big (blue IIRC) Bulb holders and 2 small (blue again iirc) bulb holders they have a cross on the back of the holders like a pozi screw driver head just turn them a bit and they should come out!

You will need 3 501w/T10 LED'S For the 3 big ones and 2 T5 LED's for the 2 smaller ones but make sure you get wide angle led's so the light spreads across the dials? the bulbs pull out of the holders and the new LED's just push back in :)

If you get stuck give me a shout and i'll try and help you through it :D

cheers for your help, i think i got confused cus there were so many bulbs. i'll have another go.

one of the replys say dont buy the led's with 4 little leds on em. i typed into eBay inverted wide angle LED and those are the ones that came up. are they gonna be crap?

more thing sorry, what bulb is it for the ignition ring?

cheers for your help, i think i got confused cus there were so many bulbs. i'll have another go.

one of the replys say dont buy the led's with 4 little leds on em. i typed into ebay inverted wide angle led and those are the ones that came up. are they gonna be crap?

more thing sorry, what bulb is it for the ignition ring?

i used a T5 for the ignition ring matey, but i had to take the LED out of the holder it came in and pushed it into the bulb holder on the ignition ring so that the contacts were in line with the bulb holder contacts 1 LED wire each side of the LED? Again mate if you get stuck give me a shout :D

The LED'S i used in mine were "INVERTED WIDE ANGLE" ones so if you type inverted LED into the search on eBay you should get some up :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links