Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Timng Belt, Water Pump And Bypass

ale

The time has come 60,000 mile I'm Changing the water pump while changing the timing belt and tensioner on my is200 2003 , but was told to change bypass pipe(on the water pump ) as well , is this small pipe about 2inch long , your knowledge would be appreciated

Thank you for your time :unsure:

This is the by-pass seal

wp.jpg

More info, pics and links to online manual:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=52157&hl=

Seems a bit hard to done yourself if you haven't a basic mechanical level, I think it's a 7 on a 1-10 scale, see the excellent tuto (thanks rig-pig)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=54051

hi.a few people have mentioned changing the is 200 water pump.is there a common fault with them or just a precausionary measure.is there a visible fault or an internal one .for example does the impellor break.or something like.?

http://www.bahamutcars.com/workshop/IS_98-...e/m_co_0006.pdf

Which is the bypass pipe in that picture ?

I'm getting my cam belt done soon, and have a new water pump to be fitted at the same time. I don't have a bypass pipe though, what part do I need exactly, do I just tell my Lexus dealer I need a "water pump bypass pipe" ? Should I get it done at the same time ?

Edit - Just noticed Carles mentioned the "bypass seal" :unsure:

Which is the bypass pipe in that picture ?

I'm getting my cam belt done soon, and have a new water pump to be fitted at the same time. I don't have a bypass pipe though, what part do I need exactly, do I just tell my Lexus dealer I need a "water pump bypass pipe" ? Should I get it done at the same time ?

Edit - Just noticed Carles mentioned the "bypass seal" :unsure:

Yes, see the pink colour of coolant in that.

The toyota part number is 90301-17009 (x2) in years 9901 to 0207 and 90301-17016 in 0207-->onwards.

4gkpxd.jpg

The bit above the water pump that looks like it's been leaking ?

The toyota part number is 90301-17009 (x2) in years 9901 to 0207 and 90301-17016 in 0207-->onwards.

4gkpxd.jpg

ok, but I can't see that part number in the picture. Am I missing something ? Sorry, I don't quite understand :unsure:

The bit above the water pump that looks like it's been leaking ?

Yes.

4gkpxd.jpg

ok, but I can't see that part number in the picture. Am I missing something ? Sorry, I don't quite understand :unsure:

The both parts with 16268F number.

Mine is a 1999 model. So I need to order 2 x 90301-17009 ? Thanks.

Yes.

Sorry for all the questions, but if I order those seals does the pipe come with it ?

No.

Some posters have talked about replacing the "bypass pipe", I presume that is the bit between the two seals ? Bit confused, sorry :duh:

Yes, but isn't necessary, replacing just the seals.

Anyway do not worry, if one day have leak is easy to change it, not like the pump.

Anyway do not worry, if one day have leak is easy to change it, not like the pump.

Ah ok. So to replace the seal you don't need to take everything apart ? So I shouldn't worry if I'm changing the pump (which is purely precautionary anyway, I can't see any leaks but it may well start to leak before the next time the cam belt needs changing).

Many thanks for all the answers ! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links