Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beware Of This Dealer

As you might be aware with my "buying advice" thread i have had massive problems with an RX i bought from Lexus Lincoln. I have now after 200 phone calls and numerous visits to a different dealer got a full, if not protracted refund.

But there is one final problem that should worry you all. When i bought the car it had 52,588 miles on it and just over 58,000 when it was returned. Just look at this advert for my car now it's back on their forecourt and look at the mileage.

http://listersgroup.co.uk/Used/Vehicle/Lex....0_SE-L/1018554

Police on the way

Interesting to see how they wriggle out of this one unless they just try the old "Oh it was a typo on the website" (Although that milage does look very precise!)

They also advertise an "Independant Milage Check" - Independant by who I wonder... A company wholly owned by Listers????

Interested to see how this pans out - keep us posted tonker

The Ed

As you might be aware with my "buying advice" thread i have had massive problems with an RX i bought from Lexus Lincoln. I have now after 200 phone calls and numerous visits to a different dealer got a full, if not protracted refund.

But there is one final problem that should worry you all. When i bought the car it had 52,588 miles on it and just over 58,000 when it was returned. Just look at this advert for my car now it's back on their forecourt and look at the mileage.

Police on the way

Interesting too see that I'm not the only one to have had problems with Lexus Lincoln. Isn't it about time that they were listed in the Dealer Review list?

i would get a mate to go and actually look at the car and confirm the mileage on the car itself - there will be a clause somewhere on the site about errors and ommisions and it could be they have just made a mistake on the mileage on the website.

You will find lots of car dealers do this, say its done low miles in the ad, just to get you intrested, when you point it out, thay say, the its a print error.

i would get a mate to go and actually look at the car and confirm the mileage on the car itself, then do something if you know been its changed.

They are the old pics from the old advert but i have a print out screen dump of the original advert...52,582 after double checking.

Trading standards will investigate and police from Lincoln phoned today to get a link so they can get evidence early on. What would you do if you were Lexus BMW and Listers were found to clock cars.

Police on the way

It's also listed on the "official" Lexus website

CLICK HERE!!

Model Lexus RX 300 3.0 SE-L 5-Door SUV

Registration PA03CNK

Date May 2003 (03)

Mileage 52,902

Colour Brechin Slate

Interior grey sussex leather

Transmission Automatic

Fuel Petrol

Price £12,990

JBP

Edited by DJ Wozza
FIXED LINK

Police on the way

It's also listed on the "official" Lexus website at

www.lexus.co.uk/Dealers/aec1c859-8a05-47c8-8e9a-5d60b0563d09/approved_preowned/index.aspx?dealerid=aec1c859-8a05-47c8-8e9a-5d60b0563d09

JBP

So was mine....as an approved used Lexus, but after a two hours trip to Lexus Oxford I was told it was a typo not an approved used Lexus car, but not to worry as the warranty they supply was exactly the same as the Lexus used warranty apart from the breakdown cover......B******S it is.....after reading the supplied warranty I find its the same as any bought in used car warranty, virtually everything is excluded! The phrase with "as far as I could throw them" comes to mind!

Best regards David

We should now start taking bets to see how quickly it goes back up. They will say it was a typo, but it is some coincidense that it is typed almost the same as when i bought it. :tsktsk:

If anyone is around Lincoln could you get a photo of the Tacho.

No offense mate, but that was a pretty stupid thing to just write on a public forum, with links and location to the where abouts of the car. Anyone could steal the car and you would be prime suspect.

She said she read the mileage at "about" 56k and i am sure that it went back with 58k. I agreed with her that the dealer wouldn't surely bother to knock off just 2k!

If they didn't then why withdraw it from sale? If i was a retailer and i was quized about something i had no guilt about i would still have it there. Maybe it was it's dodgy history,change of plate, suspect repsray paint under the bonnet, alarm going off all the time etc etc etc.

Either way i'm glad they have been told that they will be watched and are on their "list".

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links