Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow/trc Replacement

Ok, i am just wondering if the bulbs need replacing of the whole button. I had to change the button on my old Vectra before and was quite pricy. Only the light comes on when i press it, but at night u can't see the button, if you get my drift...

• 4 weeks later...

I might be being thick here, but I've got a similar problem, i.e. the bulb is not working on my TRC/Snow button. I have taken the button unit out( i.e. the two buttons inside a plastic case), but I can't see how to get to the bulb or any way to take it apart. Do I need to prise the covers off the buttons from the front ?

if i remember right, pull the bottom tray out and unclip the cable from the back of the buttons, the push the buttons towards you so they pop out. then turn the buttons upside down and there is a hole with the bulb in, if not the buttons are in a plastic case that just clip off, was very easy tho.

i tested me bulb and it worked great, when i plugged it back in i could barely tell :(

if i remember right, pull the bottom tray out and unclip the cable from the back of the buttons, the push the buttons towards you so they pop out. then turn the buttons upside down and there is a hole with the bulb in, if not the buttons are in a plastic case that just clip off, was very easy tho.

i tested me bulb and it worked great, when i plugged it back in i could barely tell :(

Thanks. I've already got the button out but no bulb is visible and I haven't been able to get the case off. So the case should just unclip ? I'll have to have another look, it wasn't obvious.

I've just looked at one of the seat heater buttons and they have two plastic screw-type things on the underside, whereas the TRC/Snow button has one. Are these the bulbs ? Because the seat heaters have two bulbs (on/off and the night-time illumination) whereas the TRC/Snow presumably just has one ?

If so, this screw doesn't seem to turn very far, does it just pull out ?

If so, this screw doesn't seem to turn very far, does it just pull out ?

That's right. Underneath the TRC/snow button the bulb is located. Turn it (maybe 1/2) turn with a screwdriver and the bulb will pop out. The replacement bulb you need is part no. 84999-10490, order it from your local Lexus dealer- I paid £3 for a replacement bulb- you might be able to get the same bulb online cheaper- I don't know?

I replaced my bulb in the TRC/snow button before Christmas.