Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealership Damage

Whitey

Guys

Think of this scenario :

I give my car in to have a seat belt warning light investigated.

I get the car back with damage to the interior around the headunit/climate controls where they have taken them out without too much care.

The surround was mint before hand and now has marks down both sides :(

I've dismantled the centre console myself, to remove a phone cradle - it's not hard.

What would you expect as compensation/resolution ?

To top it off, they haven't fixed the problem yet, just taken out the lamp.

The dealership is first rate at the moment, just it seems the service side is not so good.

Cheers

Chris

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Complain straight away mate, at least you're in a good position as you only bought it a few days ago so the salesman will know it was fine then!

They might seem nice mate but a lot of the time that's as you've just spent a lot of money with them - you only find out how good someone is when you have a problem :)

Guys

Think of this scenario :

I give my car in to have a seat belt warning light investigated.

I get the car back with damage to the interior around the headunit/climate controls where they have taken them out without too much car.

The surround was mint before hand and now has marks down both sides :(

What would you expect as compensation/resolution ?

To top it off, they haven't fixed the problem yet, just taken out the lamp.

The dealership is first rate at the moment, just it seems the service side is not so good.

Cheers

Chris

i would expect them to repair the damage or replace the damaged parts!!!

and as for them just taking out the lamp that is just wrong!!a warning light comes on for a reason!!

and for all your greef i'd expect some fuel?free service?free mot?or money off parts!

i work for a dealer(toyota)the wee lad scratched a dash the customer got informed(i had to show the customer were it was damaged and he wasn't even bothered)car stayed over and we fitted a new dash the next day!

the customer got £15 worth of fuel and a free service!

Bare in mind I picked it up at 6pm, so it was dark - so I happily drove off.

At first I saw a little nick to the dash next to the warning light "oh well, it is a fiddly job" but when I looked further down I was appalled.

I rang the dealer straight away and was told to have a look in daylight.

Either way, it's damaged now and wasn't before.

I'll keep you posted, but I think things will get sorted.

I don't fancy a new dash, maybe more harm than good ie. rattles more scratched etc.

Might push for front/rear parking sensors fitting/discount as I enquired about them from the off.

Only upside is that they gave me a badge for my grille for free, lol.

Bare in mind I picked it up at 6pm, so it was dark - so I happily drove off.

At first I saw a little nick to the dash next to the warning light "oh well, it is a fiddly job" but when I looked further down I was appalled.

I rang the dealer straight away and was told to have a look in daylight.

Either way, it's damaged now and wasn't before.

I'll keep you posted, but I think things will get sorted.

I don't fancy a new dash, maybe more harm than good ie. rattles more scratched etc.

Might push for front/rear parking sensors fitting/discount as I enquired about them from the off.

Only upside is that they gave me a badge for my grille for free, lol.

they might get someone in to repair your dash they will match the colour of the damaged part and paint it!

my old work (reno) used a company called trim tec they were really good.and i would still want a bloo*y good deal on parking sensors too!

Hey I know it's taking an aggressive stance but you've only had the car a few days and if they don't play ball just ask to return it and for your money back - the way sales figures are at the moment they'll sort it for you very quickly I'd have thought!

lol - I had thought of that, but I am tied into the finance to a degree.

I love the car also.

Things are good at the moment, let's hope it stays that way.

Regarding the sensors, maybe I should do them myself at this rate !

I thought that legally there was still a cooling off period even with finance? Really don't know much at that end though to be fair.

I guess the best thing is just point it out politely in the morning and see what reaction you get. If you start off that way and it gets sorted it's easier all around - if you don't get anywhere, just step it up a bit :D

They'll do it as the salesman will know it wasn't like that anyway as they wouldn't have sold it like that!

I'm pretty sure they'll just get one of those mobile repairers to sort it out, otherwise I'd complain like crazy as that's not an acceptable amount of damage (although in my book no amount of damage is acceptable)

And yes, you should be able to return the car even if it's financed so could be a good way to threaten them into doing what you want :)

Pleased with dealer response.

Indeed there will be a smart repair done and if unsuccessful a new trim parts.

This will take place on the 17th March as I need a loan car and they are booked till then.

I'm happy at the moment as there is no rush and they are going to track the car for me again tomorrow for free (it just had a new front shock).

Thanks for the comment.

Nice one mate, glad it's all sorted :)

To be fair they did something similar with my car when they took a phone kit out, had it all touched up and it was like new :)

Lexus are supposed to be not just competing with BMW and Merc but they are pushing towards Bentley territorty ever so so slightly well more than BMW and Merc.

Anyway, you need the car back like you gave it (no damage) so whatever it costs or takes the dealer MUST replace all damaged parts AT NO COST TO YOU, this type of thing p***es me right off.

Get it sorted ASAP and let us know how you get on.

We are all here to support you!!

What do you reckon ? lol

I thought they had taken the dash apart to remove the lamp temporarily.

This morning, the light was happily flashing away - at the moment it is off, lol.

They have a new seat cushion on order.

Personally thats not acceptable from what they have done to your console. Thats just an amature mistake, which they should be aware of and know about. Anyone here who has changed their headunit will already know how easy the console can get scratched when taking the stereo out. Get them to change part for part, replace the whole console end of, nothing less. If it was very faint scratches then i would probably let it go, but theres multiple deep cuts. No amount of claybar is going to iron out them lol

Pleased with dealer response.

Indeed there will be a smart repair done and if unsuccessful a new trim parts.

This will take place on the 17th March as I need a loan car and they are booked till then.

I'm happy at the moment as there is no rush and they are going to track the car for me again tomorrow for free (it just had a new front shock).

Thanks for the comment.

tell them you want another shock to go with the new one..they should be fitted in pairs..another typical Lexus shortcut....

In my experience what has happened here is one of the young apprentices has been sent out to take the dashboard apart and has made a complete hash of it. This used to happen a lot in the Dealership where I used to work. You would not believe how thick some of these apprentices are.

For your inconvenice you should ask about a free valet... Thats what our dealership used to use to shut our unhappy customers up.

• 1 month later...

Quick Update :

Dealership has done a smart repair on the dash - involving sanding/filling/spraying.

Let's say it's not perfect, but I am very happy with the result.

Whitey