Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Induction Kit,

aztecbandit1

Little update on the intake air temps with my new induction kit fitted?

Old setup- Intake temp - 205 degrees F

lexenginecover001_edited.jpg

New setup- Intake temps - 85.6 Degrees F

DSCF1494_edited.jpg

When i went to meet Aido in the week i did a few tests on my drive over, and was quite suprised at the difference my new induction kit has made?

The intake air temperatures were around 205-240f with the Pipercross kit fitted, so it was getting really hot and proved no good for an induction kit

The new kit that i made only ever got as high as 94.6f and averaged at 85.6f/29C on a 30 mile run So has cut the intake temps down by over half and the car seems to run so much better than it did before? Quite happy about that so was worth making my own kit to see if i could improve it

Think if i fit an induction scoop pointing direct to the filter the temps will go even lower too? so might see if i can make one and give it a try

The data read from my car with the new kit fitted =

02-19-2009 11:05:17.562, Engine Coolant Temperature, 174.2, deg F, 79, deg C

02-19-2009 11:05:17.953, Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure, 2.89855072463768, psi, 20, kPa

02-19-2009 11:05:18.375, Engine RPM, 4057.75, rpm, 4057.75, rpm

02-19-2009 11:05:18.781, Intake Air Temperature, 85.6, deg F, 29, deg C

02-19-2009 11:05:19.171, Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 1), 0.39, V, 0.39, V

02-19-2009 11:05:19.578, Fuel System 1 Status, Closed Loop: Using oxygen sensor(s) as feedback for fuel control., OL/CL, CL, OL/CL

02-19-2009 11:05:19.578, Fuel System 2 Status, Closed Loop: Using oxygen sensor(s) as feedback for fuel control., OL/CL, CL, OL/CL

02-19-2009 11:05:19.968, Calculated Load Value, 14.51, %, 14.51, %

Cant find the data from the pipercross kit to show the difference at the moment?

But overall very happy with my new kit and was worth the money making it :D

Also posted in my Mods Update topic?

what about the standard kit chris,that would be an excelent comparision

Yes mate thats another setup i'll try again? and it'll probably be the best of the lot with the K&N filter in? :whistling:

Be good to see if these induction kits are worth all that money for not much in power gains and a bit of extra noise? :unsure:

Not sure if i'll be able to get my scangauge to take an average intake temp reading. If i can i'll post up a standard intake with K&N reading for ya.

Sound matey :D

Be good to compare all the readings for different kits that are fitted either oem or others :)

Think i'll be able to cool mine down a bit more yet with a scoop fitted and maybe a bit of wrap? :unsure:

Did a short run to the supermarket yesterday, outside temp was 12c indicated by car. My scanguage shows instantaneous intake temp in centigrade. When i got to the shops the intake temp was 28c but the engine had only just warmed up. There was really bad traffice when i left and the temp was about 45c as i was slowly moving, getting down to about 35c when on the move. Not the most reliable of results but gives an idea. I'll try and get a better reading next time i'm on a long run.

Either way your new intake isnt that bad at all.