Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting My Ice Install Here's Whats Going In

so going for the whole thing in one go...

lots to do in the next couple of weeks so will be starting it after then, but started a thread for help and info and progress reports

lights, angel eye's going in on Tuesday

new double din gps dvd 7inchgpsdvd.jpg

new amps amps.jpg

617main101.jpg

new 12" sub subr.jpg

digital tv dvb tuner dvb.jpg

2 x 9.2" lcd headrests 9inch.jpg

2 x 7" lcd headrests 7inch.jpg

BOSS AUDIO PREMIUM 10 FARAD CHROME CAR POWER CAPACITOR cap18.jpg

2 x Tsunami AGU Digital Distribution 4 Position Block disblock.jpg

2 x 500w amps for the 4 headrests picture to follow

4 x blue LED rca conectors ledrca.jpg

new wing mirror LED lights wingmirrorlights.jpg

and blue under car light kit on the way

new speakers and crossovers on the way from Infinity

and got a new start button to fit.

new body kit shopped and waiting for my brother in law to bring it over with him in 3 weeks, photo,s to follow

let me know what you think and when i'm doing it all will take loads of update photo's

yer i brought 2 7" first but i ordered grey instead of black so i e-mailed them but got no answer so i ordered to more in black this time and was going to sell the grey ones to a mate with a t sport, then the first ones arrived and they were black. but the next 2 that arrived were beige..... **** so emailed them to tell them about the beige ones and as i paid for the shipping back to them they sent me 9.2" black ones to cover the cost of postage...... so i thought i would put the 7" in the rear just to upset all the people behind me in the traffic..... lol

i going to put it on for some pictures because your not aloud to have them on here is Sweden. but want to take some nice photo's of it and thought i would give it a try. also going to do my brakes black with red decals.

also got a set of dice for the mirror........ planet Hollywood Vegas dice..... the real deal

also going to get a 10mm Plexiglas sheet cut for the back of the boot to mount the 4 amps on, going to have it cut and drilled and 20 small blue LED's inside lighting it up. also the amps have plasma disks on them. new photo of it added

yes going to get it done and put 20 blue leds inside the sides and i have 4 amps to mount on it, i have 2 x 500w amps aswell.

1 for the sub

1 for the speakers

2 for the headrest screen speakers

just finished doing the heated seats buttons. blue LED's

and fixed the clock

going to do the foot well lights today aswell

the just the starts button and the window buttons to do

might flash out the 250 pounds for the door sills

so let me get this right..

1 4x90w amps for the headrest speakers? what are these actually going to do?

1 x 4x90w for front and rear speakers? what speakers are you putting in then.

2 x 500w (rms) amps for the sub? the sub is at most 300w..

why the power cap?for what you have spent on this you could have a decent Battery that will be far better then any cap.

i admire your efforts but think you will be better off researching a bit more before starting your install. there will be a lot of effort to get this all in and i think you will be unhappy with the performance.

you will get far better results with 2 good amps, one to drive your full range speakers and one for your sub. You wil also need a good source unit and by the looks of it,your stereo is one of the cheap jobbies off eBay..

sorry to sound like im being negative, but you will be putting a lot of effort in for nit a very good return IMO.if you need help or advice on what to buy there are many topics on here and quite a few members that have put installs in.

Looking forward to seeing the car when the ICE is installed and all the plexiglass. Whats with the "might flash out the 250 pounds for the door sills "? And like redz says the maths are not adding up, did you buy the bits urself or advise from someone else? Not sure if ur DVB unit will work once over 40mph.

ok let me set it right

the two amps at the top of the page are 1200w 2,3,4 channel

one for the sub witch is 1200 w and the other for the new speakers..... infinity

there are 2 500w amps for the headrests and they are not going to be running at full power but will have sound out of them,

the cap is for the sub only amp

have already shopped a new Battery and yer the head unit is but will do till i and it's not to bad, had worse and paid more.

your right that is not the best but it's just going to have to do till i get it the way i really want it head unit wise but like all good master pieces they properly looked no so great to start

ok let me set it right

the two amps at the top of the page are 1200w 2,3,4 channel

one for the sub witch is 1200 w and the other for the new speakers..... infinity

there are 2 500w amps for the headrests and they are not going to be running at full power but will have sound out of them,

the cap is for the sub only amp

have already shopped a new battery and yer the head unit is but will do till i and it's not to bad, had worse and paid more.

your right that is not the best but it's just going to have to do till i get it the way i really want it head unit wise but like all good master pieces they properly looked no so great to start

mate,

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they are not 1200w.. they are rated at 90w rms per channel and even thats optimistic considering there is only 60amp fuses at most in them. if you are using infinity speakers you would do better using jbl amps. the 75.4 is a good little budget amp that sounds great. you can even put blue neon tubes through the middle to compliment your theme.

i also struggle to see how you are going to run the sub off that amp. its not bridgeable so you will be using it in 2channel mode which could result in you powering each coil of the sub unequally.. then there are the issues of impedance..

with what you have, there wil be no need for the a powercap, a good Battery will do the job. The cap could infact put more stress on the charging system as it needs to be charged too..

as vvprotocol says the the dvb tuner will be unreliable when moving but works great when stationary, for the price they arent a bad buy! (they are about £30).

as for the HU as long as your aware of its issues then nothing wrong with putting it in to change at a later stage when funds allow. just doint expect much from it. a few members have used them and had problems with them..

Please dont take this as criticism, just some advice for you..it would be a shame top see all your effort be put in and then end with something that sounds like poo!!

yes thanks

i know it's not the best and if i did not have to kids and getting married this year to boot i would have done things a lot better but for me there was a budget and i wanted to do complete set up.

next year may be a bit better once the wedding is out of the way. but if it works good then maybe i will start under the bonnet and leave this in there for a while.

and we always learn from our mistakes...... i hope...... so this i hope will work and here is the amp spec's

* 1200 watts power (4 x 300 watts)

* Sound reactivce blue plasma disc

Features:

* 2 channels

* Input/switch off through the car radio

* Seperate volume control

* Surge protection

* Subwoofer crossover (lowpass 6dB/Octave)

* Bridge mode, 2/3/4 channel

yes thanks

i know it's not the best and if i did not have to kids and getting married this year to boot i would have done things a lot better but for me there was a budget and i wanted to do complete set up.

next year may be a bit better once the wedding is out of the way. but if it works good then maybe i will start under the bonnet and leave this in there for a while.

and we always learn from our mistakes...... i hope...... so this i hope will work and here is the amp spec's

* 1200 watts power (4 x 300 watts)

* Sound reactivce blue plasma disc

Features:

* 2 channels

* Input/switch off through the car radio

* Seperate volume control

* Surge protection

* Subwoofer crossover (lowpass 6dB/Octave)

* Bridge mode, 2/3/4 channel

amp spec - 90w rms x 4.

it really annoys me when manufacturers do this. they put a big peak music power output on the front but hide the real power rating away somewhere.

my only question is will it be a false economy?

gonna be a lot of weight and the expense to install of these amps when there are alternatives that will do you better in the long run.

Good luck with whatever route you take and show us the pics when its done..

dont you just love the fairy watts companys pick from out the air :). Redz is right they will be around 90watts and that will be at a push. how i have always seen it with a mono block amp for a sub. you pay a pound for 1 watt. like the jl 500/1 use to be around 500pound brand new when it first came out. for the price you can get them second hand you can not go wrong with Jl audio. how much did the tv's set you bk. how come you did not go down the route of putting your screens in oem headrest. not a fan of the 1 headrest and screen fits all. they just look strange and out of place.

the 7" screens cost about 120 pounds delivered but i got 9" ones as a replacement because they sent the wrong color. they don't look to bad because i have full black leather and the screens are black and not a bad match. about the amps yer there not going to live up to my hopes but with 2 kids in the back they will never be turned up to full with out the crying and screaming. but the hope is they will look quite good and do a good enough job. will take some photo's of the headrests and post them soon. they are already installed in the car.

have contacted the people who sold me the amps and will see what the have to say for them selves

maybe send them back

I'll have to wait and see

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links