Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

This is my first post on here and I'm looking to get a Lexus IS.

I've been told that there are some changes being made to the Model year 2010 IS range. Can someone tell me what changes will be made?

Thanks in advance

From what I know, there are only a few changes. The front grill has less spokes, the rear lights come out just a bit further than normal and the side indicators are now on the wing mirrors. That's the only changes that I know of, but it's a beautiful car. The only thing it needs is more power, but it's such a nice drive and looks brilliant. You'll love it, once you've got it. Trust me. Keyless entry and all of that stuff is fun for a while, too. Lol

I've done a little digging and found the following:

Indicators were already in wing mirrors for 2009 model Year (MY) they will continue with this in the 2010MY car,

Changes to equipment specification - cruise no longer standard on all models but Bluetooth will be standard across the range from 2010MY,

Cruise now only on SE-I and SE-L models,

USB slot (in additon to Aux jack) for MP3/4 players etc will become standard across the range (this will enable you to control your MP3 player from the steering wheel controls,

Slight changes to some buttons on centre console (although I don't know any specifics of this),

Dropping the option of a sunroof from the options list,

That's all I could find out so far.

Can anyone say if any mechanical changes will be made?

Seeing as they just did the facelift for 09 I doubt there'll be another proper one so soon. The USB port is a nice touch though, interesting about the sunroof - are they making it standard across the range or removing its availability completely? If that latter that is a very odd move indeed.

Other changes include:

Full Map Navigation and Multimedia packages upgraded: DVD storage replaced with Integrated Hard Disk Drive (HDD) navigation system as on IS 250C. Touch screen control has been retained plus full UK postcode function.

Introduction of Traffic Message Channel (traffic updates) function on Full Map Navigation package.

DAB Radio available as an option.

On IS 250 SE and IS 250 SE-I Automatic, steering wheel mounted gear paddles are deleted.

Windscreen Wiper De-Icer element deleted across all grades.

Cruise Control standard on SE-I and SE-L grades.

New colour, Tyrian Grey, from the IS 250C is available as an additional colour.

Introduction of dark Brown Ash Burl wood trim on SE-L grade. This is similar to the wood trim currently available on IS 250C. •

No mechanical changes are being made.

Seeing as they just did the facelift for 09 I doubt there'll be another proper one so soon. The USB port is a nice touch though, interesting about the sunroof - are they making it standard across the range or removing its availability completely? If that latter that is a very odd move indeed.

The sunroof has been deleted already as an option across the board. This is the reason I shall no longer buy a Lexus.

I'm gutted, as a sunroof and climate have always been a minimum requirement for me and I don't see why I should compromise.

Looks like they've done a BMW !

I was closing in on buying my first IS250. It would have been an SE-I (with sunroof naturally!) in Cadoxton Slate.

Absolutely gutted. :angry:

Reason given? Insufficient takeup.

Regards

That is odd, a sunroof wouldn't be a dealbreaker but I do like having one - don't see why it was an option in the first place, the original IS had a sunroof as standard on everything but the base model so no reason to remove it on the newer version of the same car.

They definitely need to update the SatNav to include Traffic Avoidance and full postcode entry. The current system is severely limited in its usefulness. Don't think they realised that many addresses don't have a street number...

I'm surprised there aren't more moans about the system on LOC forums - it's pretty basic.

Beside the SatNav and USB, there will be a F-sport version of 250 with IS-F grill, IS-F steering wheel, IS-F front seats and ISP wheels. I belive the price will be sky high compare to regular version...

Funny that the "F-sport" version will not be equipped with any F-sport options (intake, exaust etc...) :huh:

I'm surprised there aren't more moans about the system on LOC forums - it's pretty basic.

BMW and Merc systems are pretty similar so not really expected to do more..........

Beside the SatNav and USB, there will be a F-sport version of 250 with IS-F grill, IS-F steering wheel, IS-F front seats and ISP wheels. I belive the price will be sky high compare to regular version...

Funny that the "F-sport" version will not be equipped with any F-sport options (intake, exaust etc...) :huh:

Had a feeling something like this would come along given that the Sport model was dropped with the facelift - should be interesting to see what's on it. Not unusual for them not to use all the parts, a BMW MSport or Merc Sport just has a bit of glitz but no actual performance mods.