Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Engine Management Light

Hiya,

I had my engine management come on this morning and thanks to a quick look by Lexus Poole, a P1651 code was found: "VSV for ACIS circuit". The service manager said it was a valve under the manifold and quite difficult to get to. The car seems to be running fine and got me home from Poole with no problems, which is more than can be said for the traffic on the A43! :angry:

Has anyone got any idea what a VSV for ACIS circuit is?

KEITH.

Hiya,

I had my engine management come on this morning and thanks to a quick look by Lexus Poole, a P1651 code was found: "VSV for ACIS circuit". The service manager said it was a valve under the manifold and quite difficult to get to. The car seems to be running fine and got me home from Poole with no problems, which is more than can be said for the traffic on the A43! :angry:

Has anyone got any idea what a VSV for ACIS circuit is?

KEITH.

The workshop manual states the following -

This circuit opens and closes the Intake Air Control valve (AICV) in response to the engine load in order to increase the intake efficiency (ACIS Acoustic control induction system)

When the engine speed is 4700rpm or more and the throttle valve opening is 60 degrees or more the the VSC is off, so the IAVC is open. All the other times the ECM turns the VSC ON and closes AIVC.

It seems this code could be triggered by a short circuit in the harness, a faulty valve (AICV) or a faulty ECU.

Other more qualified members may be able to advise you what to do in this case - but personally if the engine light is not flashing and the car is running OK I would do nothing for a while and see how things develop.

Regards

Ray

Many thanks for your input. I love the way the manual talks about an engine room, makes the car sound HUGE! :D

Looking around the net over the weekend, there's a thread about a GS with the same problem and the owner was quoted around £17 for the part with 3 hours labour! I'm guessing that means around £300 for a £17 part! Ouch! :o

Yep, it looks like another of those "This is a part that will definately fail at least once in the life of the car, so lets bury it as far down as we can so it is really awkward to get at" jobs that Lexus are really good at.

Like the Oxygen sensors, if they had put in the same place in the exhaust, but just a few degrees further round, would have been an easy job, but where they are makes it a pain in the @rse.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links