Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Are The Widest Tyres I Can Fit On My Lexus?

i believe you can get 245/40-17 on there without problems but you might want them just on the back

and 40 is the profile.... height of the tire and 215 is the width so 245 is wide for the back and 225 for the front is right..

i think this is what you need

here you can see what i have on mine...... down the bottom of the page is my 18" winter tires 225/40/18 and my summer tires are 225/30/20

all fits without rubbing

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=63666&hl=

im also lowering the car with coilovers will this make a difference if im running 225's to the rear? its not going to catch on the sil?

hope not if it catches on the sill your wheels fell off!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

you can go as wide as 245 on the rear of the lex just not on the standard wheels as they are not wide enough.

lol i meant the arch, sorry haha. so 225 on a 17inch 7.5j will be fine then on the rear, and then 215's to 7.5j rim to the fronts :)?????

will look good mate i love the staggard look!!you could also get a set of small spacers and push the rear wheels out a bit more?

i'll see if i can find any but the staggard look is when the rear wheels are wider than the front and the way to do this is spacers and a slightly wider tyre.

heres one note the dish on the rear is bigger than on the front

100_1072.jpg

i see mate, well mine are all the same rim size, does this matter?

thats why you put a small spacer on the rear and that would give the impression you have wider rear wheels.

I have 245 40 17 on standard rims. This size was recomended to me by my tyre supplier (national supplier to the trade) who has a is200. He spoke to a bloke at Lexus who wears a suit and has meetings, between them they came up with this size. Recomended Yokohama tyres as they have stronger side wall and stop "loading lag" when cornering. Loading lag being, when in a corner the car feels loose until the flex in the side wall has flexed all it will flex then the car grips. I bought a budget tyre in this size to try as yokos were 100 quid each in this size. The budget tyres were real bad loads of loading lag. I ran them at 50 psi and i cured it handles better on the wider tyre. I have now bit the bullet and bought the Yokos there superb.

so the 45 size is that the profile of the tyre? whats low profile classed as 40 i guess? and i take it 50 is standard?

82 is standard to be exact. As 82 is not available 80 is the excepted standard profile.

The tyre sizing is the stupidst most random colection of numbers on the planet. For example 215 45 17. the 215 refers to the width of the tread area in milimetres. 45 is the height of the side wall its 45% of the width of the tread area. The 17 is the diametre of the tyre measured in inches.

So metric and imerial measurements on the same tyre. Hope my explanation helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links