Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is there any gasket or anything that needs to be replaced on the 220d during this process?

I did a clean on the egr valve on the missus's car (renault) and it worked wonders.

Just picked up my new (ish) Lexus 220d and as it has done 60K would be tempted to try this EGR clean as well.

Is there any gasket or anything that needs to be replaced on the 220d during this process?

I did a clean on the egr valve on the missus's car (renault) and it worked wonders.

Just picked up my new (ish) Lexus 220d and as it has done 60K would be tempted to try this EGR clean as well.

no gasket to replace ,use the existing one.

• 4 weeks later...

Just 'how' similar is the 220d setup?? - Near identical to the Toyota thread pics??

Anyone have a 220d pic, just before I go ahead and open it up... Think the Mrs 220d requires this, extremely poor throttle response and the lag at times seems unbearable, anything that 'might' improve this somewhat, I'll try...

Thanks...

Just 'how' similar is the 220d setup?? - Near identical to the Toyota thread pics??

Anyone have a 220d pic, just before I go ahead and open it up... Think the Mrs 220d requires this, extremely poor throttle response and the lag at times seems unbearable, anything that 'might' improve this somewhat, I'll try...

Thanks...

berrywood,the set up is the same no worries go for it.

Its worth doing. I managed to persuade my lease company to authourise Lexus Bristol to clean out the valve and Manifold a couple of weeks ago. The lumpiness at 2500 rpm has gone, it is more responsive, a lot smoother and I am seeing MPG figures that I have not seen since I got the car nearly 4 years ago. Went from around 36mpg to 43 even saw 50 on a trip up the M6!

I don't know why Lexus do not offer this as part of the service but it would do wonders for the high mileage cars.

very similar to the lexus but the manifold is different also use a hoover to catch the loose carbon dropping into the manifold on clean up because you dont want it getting into the valve ect. But other than that very simple but effective repair for lack of power ect

today i removed and cleaned the egr valve on my 220d.it was all straight forward as the guide i posted at the beginning of this thread.access to the two bolts securing the pipe to the engine block are hindered by the Battery.i took the Battery out to gain access but otherwise followed the guide.the whole job took about 45 mins and i used a full can of stp carb cleaner and would advise you have a second can at the ready just in case.

tools=12 socket,wrench with extension,5mm allen key for removal of the electric motor part of the egr assembly.

today i removed and cleaned the egr valve on my 220d.it was all straight forward as the guide i posted at the beginning of this thread.access to the two bolts securing the pipe to the engine block are hindered by the battery.i took the battery out to gain access but otherwise followed the guide.the whole job took about 45 mins and i used a full can of stp carb cleaner and would advise you have a second can at the ready just in case.

tools=12 socket,wrench with extension,5mm allen key for removal of the electric motor part of the egr assembly.

Hi dgman,

Will you let us know if you also notice a performance/mpg review?..........my MPG is going down the toilet at the mo' :crying:

Cheers

today i removed and cleaned the egr valve on my 220d.it was all straight forward as the guide i posted at the beginning of this thread.access to the two bolts securing the pipe to the engine block are hindered by the battery.i took the battery out to gain access but otherwise followed the guide.the whole job took about 45 mins and i used a full can of stp carb cleaner and would advise you have a second can at the ready just in case.

Hi dgman,

Will you let us know if you also notice a performance/mpg review?..........my MPG is going down the toilet at the mo' :crying:

Cheers

i have noticed more response in the lower rev band and also mpg improvement.i will give more detail after a week.my usage has changed of recent times with the majority of my mileage being urban.remember to detach the electric motor assembly before using the carb cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

Has any one else got foam padding around the EGR valve, can any one do a similar visual step by step guide to cleaning the EGR valve? Nervous of doing it wrong and breaking something.

baz,you can't go wrong really just squeeze the foam in a bit at a time.

• 3 months later...

found this very useful, can the MOD please make it sticky (pin it) please to help other 220d owners. I didnt end up doing it my self, but got it booked in a local gargage, will clean it for £50. I dont have the tools, not even a spanner :( plus afraid i'll break something.

found this very useful, can the MOD please make it sticky (pin it) please to help other 220d owners. I didnt end up doing it my self, but got it booked in a local gargage, will clean it for £50. I dont have the tools, not even a spanner sad.gif plus afraid i'll break something.

Who did you get to do it buddy?

• 1 month later...

found this very useful, can the MOD please make it sticky (pin it) please to help other 220d owners. I didnt end up doing it my self, but got it booked in a local gargage, will clean it for £50. I dont have the tools, not even a spanner sad.gif plus afraid i'll break something.

Who did you get to do it buddy?

sorry just saw your msg, got it done by basaguard garage in standrews who I trust very much

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I was looking on toyodiy.com and I saw that on my lexus 220D have 2 EGR ( I've attached the pic ) . Last time I've cleaned only EGR no 2 ( I don't know about EGR no 1) and now I have big fuel consumption ( 12.5 l/100km in town ) . Do I have to clean both EGR s ( no 1 and no 2) ?

Thanks,

Claudiu

post-35943-0-80074100-1304675147.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links