Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It has always annoyed me that the shift knob on my LS has the usual worn finish over the top section and having researched various options including a recover I decided to try some leather paint.

Not being able without providing a sample to get the exact colour match I ordered as close in colour as I could get off the shelf.

The picture shows the result after 3 coats.

All in all for £5.00 I am quite pleased.

Untitled_0030_0001.jpg

Oh so now you want to know how I repaired my worn out knob!!!!!!

Ok.

I bought the dye from a company called Dynamix dyes ( they sell on fleabay).

The colour is actually for a BMW but as I said earlier it was a reasonable match to my original colour and seems to blend well with the wood trim.

I received a small probably 10ml plastic bottle of the stuff ( if you look at the picture the bottle is above the trac switch) and carefully applied with a piece of folded kitchen towel 3 coats allowing overnight for each to dry.

I think maybe 2 more coats will further enhance the job.

It does go a long way and there is still more then 50% of the dye remaining.

I did contact the company a while ago and if you can send a sample of the leather to them they will make a matched dye for you, the problem I had was there was no spare material to send a sample hence the near match.

They do larger amounts for full seats back and front or if you have an extra large knob

Website

http://www.dynamixdyes.com/

Oh so now you want to know how I repaired my worn out knob!!!!!!

Ok.

I bought the dye from a company called Dynamix dyes ( they sell on fleabay).

The colour is actually for a BMW but as I said earlier it was a reasonable match to my original colour and seems to blend well with the wood trim.

I received a small probably 10ml plastic bottle of the stuff ( if you look at the picture the bottle is above the trac switch) and carefully applied with a piece of folded kitchen towel 3 coats allowing overnight for each to dry.

I think maybe 2 more coats will further enhance the job.

It does go a long way and there is still more then 50% of the dye remaining.

I did contact the company a while ago and if you can send a sample of the leather to them they will make a matched dye for you, the problem I had was there was no spare material to send a sample hence the near match.

They do larger amounts for full seats back and front or if you have an extra large knob

Website

http://www.dynamixdyes.com/

Hi Steve

The outer covering on my knob is pealing away. Will I need to scrape it or sand it :tsktsk: before applying the lotion? [seriously]

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links