Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Plate Light Blub

DC-is200

hi there

dose anyone here know how to replace the number plate bulb ? remove from outside or inside the boot im try it today but cant get the bulb out. need to change asap cos been stop by police last night and tonite by the same cops for a number plate light bulb not working !

thank

hi there

dose anyone here know how to replace the number plate bulb ? remove from outside or inside the boot im try it today but cant get the bulb out. need to change asap cos been stop by police last night and tonite by the same cops for a number plate light bulb not working !

thank

Take the boot lining out, you will see 4 bolts in a row, remove the 4 bolts and you can pull the trim off from the outside of the car.you twist the bulb holder and the bulb should pop out.

Tools Required:

Flat head screwdriver

8mm socket (although can be done with a spanner)

Time Required

Approx 20 mins

The first thing you will need to do is to remove the clips holding the boot lid backing

Picture001-1.jpg

You will then see two 8mm bolts on either side of the latch which you need to remove

Picture003-1.jpg

There are another 2 bolts behind the little plastic hatch which the latch sits behind that also need to be removed, this is a PIA if you don’t have an 8mm socket, I had lent mine to someone so had to do it with a spanner and is a right pain to get to with!

Picture007-1.jpg

The (bar) panel above the number plate is now loose, however you will need to give it a bit of a pull as it is still attached with 2 clips

Picture008-1.jpg

Panel removed

Picture009.jpg

You then remove the clear lens by pushing them to the side and lifting out, I think mine went outwards i.e.the right one I pushed towards the right from its left side and the left one I pushed towards the left from its right side

Picture011-1.jpg

The bulb holder then just twists out of the lens and the bulb can be swapped

Picture012.jpg

Do everything in reverse to put it all back together

Picture013-1.jpg

Job done :)

Picture014-1.jpg

Hope that helps!!

Just had another go and got the whole thing done in about 15mins..... I think the fact that originally i was trying to do it in December when it was about -5C and my fingers kept going numb might have had something to do with me having problems before. :)

Cheers

Dave.

hi, just so as im not wasting my time, can anyone tell em if these leds are ok? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330326297425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2698wt_1139 or do i have to get some of the expensive ones ie http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-18-SMD-NUMBER-PLATE-LEDS-200-1ST-GEN-/230540296192?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ad45c000#ht_3924wt_1139 if non of them can anyone steer me in the correct direction to the right ones?

cheers

chris

bump - Does anyone know what LED bulbs would work. Total noob with this, would this work: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-1999-6-LED-WHITE-NUMBER-PLATE-BULBS-/330326297425?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ce8fb4b51 for my is200 52 plate?

Yes they will be fine, bit expensive though, just search 501 led's on eBay, i brought 10 with 4 leds on each for £1.39 delived.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Can anybody tell me if aftermarket LED bulbs will cause warnings on my dashboard? The reason I ask is because when my high level brake light was fused and I replaced it with a cheap after market bulb. I was getting a warning on my dash. I then went to a lexus dealer and paid 15 times more for a genuine bulb, then the error on the dash cleared.

Will I get this problem if I get aftermarket LED lights for my number plate?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Careful getting the cheap ones. Mine started flickering after not tolong. Not a good look. And bummer to keep replacing as youve probably discovered