Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Pumping Noise From The Side Of Engine

latwow

Hi there:

I am new to the forum, hello everyone!

Just got a used IS 220d from Lexus main dealer.

09 reg, having 16000 miles on the clock.

Just found this interesting noise afer a while of driving, not sure what it is.

It sounds like a pumping motor noise, this noise is not always there, but after a while of driving, when the engine is idle, the sound became very obvious. Please pay attention to the noise after every gas.

but if I turn off the engine and restart it, then the noise is gone.

But again, there is a vry funny noise appears in the end after the ignation was turned off.

Please can anyone help to identify?

Please see the youtube video I have uploaded.

Many thanks

Please can anyone help to identify?

That's the vacuum regulating valve. Yours is going bad.

Thabks for your hint mate, gonna get the car booked in, it should be done under warranty shounldnt it? since I just had the car for less than a week?

will update after see lexus.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys:

Thanks for all your help, here is the latest update:

Got my car booked in yesterday at manchester lexus, showed them the noise on arrival, and the problem was confirmed: the noise and the funny sound after switch off the engine are both cased by the "vaccum switch valve", ( thanks to Boris Vassilieff's hint).

They sorted the car out today under warranty and provided me with 2 courtesy cars:(driving both at the sme time? No, no, no).

The first one was their manager's ride,( an IS 200d) and I had it for half a day then was told need to drop the car back because there were some personal belongs left in the boot, I then been given an IS 250 Auto, for the rest of the day and the evening.

P.S, the IS250 drives like a dream, comfortable, quiet, got the power whenever needed. the 200d was just like the green version of the 220d, not much different.

Ok then, in one word, great! Theyve done a nice job, credit to lexus manchester!

P.S again:

After the vaccum switch valve was replaced, the car feels very smooth when accelerating from 1400rpm, and stronger after 1800rpm.

before, it was like hesitating under 1800rpm, then strong pulling power after 2200rpm.

Ok, thanks guys and good luck!