Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Satnav In Is200

Hello all. I just bought my first lexus and couldn't be happier. Just a quick question, is it possible to fit the lexus sat nav into a model that doesn't already have it. if so how difficult, do i need to add any wiring or are all the looms already in place.

Its not possible without a lot of work and expense.

you can fit a sony satnav into the standard housing and have a touchscreen standalone unit instead.

I have one for sale in the sales section here: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=77773

• 1 month later...

Just out of interest - if I bought one of the sat nav screen units (the whole thing with the vents etc, but not the DVD source), is it a simple plug n play retro fit? IE, pull out the stock vents and tray, plugs are already there, fit Sat Nav screen and it will open and close, and tilt, without needing a re-wire job?

I've half tempted to get one, rip out the screen and fit a TomTom. I'd buy Stav's one he listed above, but I'd rather have a larger, widescreen sat nav in there...

ehhrrrrrrrrrrr check the build in the download section it is not like that as the cables aren't there....

that is the whole reason that when you buy a Lexus you are better of to get it with the most options... unlike German cars they made sure that the wiring-loom in the car is closed and it only provides for the options available as ordered by the customer.... meaning getting OEM equipment afterwards is hell.

That said I would buy the one of Stav as it comes with the right wires etc and will be just a drop in and believe me the screen is more then sufficient ;)

From what you're saying, even if I bought Stavs one, it wouldn't open and close as the connectors aren't there to power it.

Stavs done a great job, don't get me wrong. But I'd much rather have a large widescreen tomtom in it - probably the 6" version theyre currently doing

stav's screen comes with all the parts and wiring needed my friend i'd go for that one and if the screen's still an issue get the bigger one later and put it in it'll fit but you'll be able to use the wiring that is already present on stav's aftermarket satnav unit.

check the download section on the main page so you can see what I'm on about.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links