Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Warranty

Heff

Hi,

Stereo developed the usual Error 3 problem, and was told 6 weeks until replacement by Guildford Lexus. My IS 200 is 4 years old this Sept so rang Lexus UK to be told that Fujistu who make the unit have extended the warranty to FIVE YEARS!!! But I will have to wait due to the waiting list!

Pioneer stuff in the GS. CD player and speakers are anyway so I guess the head unit is.

I take it you meant Mark Levinson? Another odd thing is happening on the GS like the lack of memory seats on my GS. I have seen two GS 430 sports in the last month at dealers. Both have the standard stereo and the descriptions next to the car states the ML stereo is an upgrade. On the Lexus web site and sales docs. is states it is standard.

Why would it be an upgrade on the 430 sport when it is standard on the 300SE? Seems that they either forgot to add it or they had the sports knocking around for a whilst waiting for the new suspension to be ready. If you are going to buy a Sport then make sure you get a new factory one and not a dealer showroom/demostrator.

Claire, is your stereo the old or new style? If it's the old style then it should be covered for 5 years. New ones do not have an extended warranty, there are no common faults that I know about with those ones (apart from not sounding as good).

Your lease company should pay for the repair, or are you going to buy it at the end of the lease?

The stereo is fine at the moment, I just want to be prepared if it happens again as I've had it replaced once before when I first got the car. It would be nice to know I'm covered as I will buy the car from the lease company (either keep it or sell it on privately and buy a GS).

Hope I've not tempted fate now!!!