Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eibach Lowering Springs

Fidgits

Well, I've had the Eibach Lowering Springs fitted for over 3 weeks now, and had my wheels aligned yesterday, so I thought I would write a little review on them.

Firstly, the looks.

They are -30mm, which doesnt sound a lot, but it dramatically reduces the 'void' between the rear wheel and arch, and gets rid of the IS's 'backside in the air' stance.

This means it has a much better road presence and stance.

They are certainly worth it just for the improvement in looks....

View the before and after shots here

Comfort

Now, due to these being lower, stiffer springs, i was expecting a loss in ride quality.. and I was pleasantly surprised. Although pot holes are a little more severe, on a day-to-day basis, you really cant tell any difference, the car still glides along, and on motorways, the ride is still as relaxing as taking a bubble bath listening to Strauss....

Handling

And so, onto what difference it makes to the cars handling... well, the review has been perfect thus far, so you may be expecting for this to be the springs downfall... but alas, the handling is superb! The car is just so much more planted on the corners, bodyroll is minimised, and the steering is much more responsive. I would go as far to say, that the car is actually safer with these springs, there is no twitchiness, no 'wandering' on roundabouts..

Cost

The springs cost 150GBP, and fitting at a local garage cost 100GBP.

Also, it is highly reccomended to have your wheels aligned after 2 or 3 weeks, this cost 75GBP at the dealer.

So overall, I highly reccomend these, a great addition to your IS, and definatley the best start if your looking to improve the looks or handling.

good review ian, thats on my list of things to do early next year but might go for the spax with a 25mm drop as some people have said the eibachs are a bit hard?

is it neccesary to get the wheels aligned at the dealer though as £75 is a bit steep, i know a motorsports place in who will do a laser alignment for £45.

I have no complaints about the Eibachs, and personally dont find them at all hard. The only thing i really notice differently on the ride quality is that potholes are a little more severe.

No, you can get your alignment done anywhere. I think Steve got his done for 25 quid...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just had a PI lowering springs fitted onto my car, cost me £120 for the springs, and £100 for fitting and wheel alignemt. They are soft springs and I would really recommened PI springs as they drop the car by 35mm and had done alot of research in trying finding out what would be the best in the market.

;-)

Faz