- New RC 300h F Sport Black Edition coupe, featuring dramatic and exclusive exterior and interior styling features
- Colouring evokes the deep and rich black of sumi, the traditional ink for Japanese brush painting and calligraphy
- Black stainless steel window frame mouldings, matt black 19-inch F Sport alloy wheels and new dark chrome spindle grille and circular front fog light bezels
- Interior finished with black wood trim inserts, coloured using sumi ink, and smooth black leather upholstery with contrast orange stitching
- Available exclusively with a Graphite Black metallic paint finish
- On sale in the UK from 1 May
The athletic lines of the Lexus RC 300h F Sport coupe are given dramatic added visual impact in a special new Black Edition model, which will go on sale 1 May following its appearance at the 2018 Geneva International Motor Show.
As its name declares, the Black Edition emphasises a dynamic and stealthy look with a range of new black styling elements, inspired by the dense colour of Japanese sumi ink, used for centuries in traditional brush painting and calligraphy.
The F Sport spindle grille, with its graduated “L” motif mesh pattern, has a new dark chrome finish, as do the new-design, circular LED fog lights, positioned on the margins of the lower grille section, adding to the car’s powerful front lighting signature.
The 19-inch F Sport alloy wheels have a contrast matt black and bright machined finish, while the window mouldings are in black stainless steel, toning smartly with the coupe’s Graphite Black metallic paintwork.
In the cabin, the F Sport seats and steering wheel are upholstered in smooth black leather, with detailing picked out in vibrant orange stitching – an eye-catching detail that is also applied to the inner door panels. There are also new wood trim inserts with a deep black colour achieved through staining with sumi ink, plus a black headlining
In terms of equipment, the Black Edition benefits from the F Sport Premier Pack specification, which includes a 17-speaker Mark Levinson surround sound system, sunroof, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Other key features include a reversing camera, Lexus Premium Navigation with 10.3-inch multimedia display, Lexus Safety System+ active safety and driver assistance functions, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, rain-sensing wipers, F Sport front seats with power adjustment and integrated heating and ventilation, power steering column adjustment, dual-zone climate control, LED headlights in a “triple-L” configuration and integrated exterior door handle lighting.
The RC 300h F Sport Black Edition is powered by Lexus’s self-charging hybrid electric powertrain, featuring a 2.5-litre petrol engine and a powerful electric motor, producing a maximum full-system output of 220bhp/164kW. Smooth and responsive, yet highly efficient, it delivers combined cycle fuel economy from 56.5mpg and CO2 emissions from 116g/km.
The new model is on sale in the UK from 1 May, price £45,165