Some honest back story....
My touchscreen died a year ago and I only recently ordered the part in to get it swapped out, last Sunday was the day so I disconnected negative on my battery, removed the system and carried out the screen swap, everything went perfectly well although I ran out of daylight hours so put the unit to one side, connected up the battery and used it for work that evening, the car ran perfect as always.
On Monday I woke up sick... Very sick, to cut a long story short, I've been housebound until now and half way through a course of antibiotics. My brother offered to fit the unit back into my car so it would be ready for when I'm back on my feet, I wasn't too keen although the Mrs advised we were going to need the car over Christmas and it may be a good idea. He had a go for me although reported back later that the car wouldn't start and that the system wasn't booting! Spoke to my wife who told me that she'd noticed that the car lights had been on almost all day plus while he was working on it, got her to check and the stalk was in the wrong position so yeah, I thought battery was probably drained and forgot about it.
I checked my cars history and it dawned on me that the battery hadn't been changed in 12 years, there is nothing on the service reports indicating that it had been done, unfortunately no sticker on the battery indicating its age either. Decided to buy a Bosch S4 068 as it seemed long overdue.
Felt good again today and found the system screen unit on the passenger seat unconnected so I removed the old battery and connected up the new, tried to start and nothing... There is a sound like it's trying, 3 lame attempts and nothing!! Phoned my brother to find out the full story and wanted to check how he did it, he then told me that he felt bad and it's been on his shoulders since Monday that he forgot to disconnect the battery before starting work!! I'm wondering if something has blown? I checked the fuse box next to the battery, everything seemed good, found the starter fuse although couldn't determine if that was damaged due to being sealed.
Does anyone have any suggestions here? It was working fantastically well until this moment