Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finding Out What Set The Alarm Off

Hi,

I've got a 2003 GS300 with a small problem, the alarm keeps going off! It only seems to happen at around 1-2am, so at the moment I'm locking it with the key so I can get a good nights sleep! Any ideas of how to go about fixing this? Does the car store anywhere which switch/sensor set the alarm off?

Thanks

Hi Tom.

I'm not sure if this will be the same thing, but I had a similar thing last year. What ever vehicle was in our drive would sound it's alarm at around 1-2am. The cars were varied from a P reg Corsa to a nearly new Passat, Audi A2 and a brand new Renault van.

We traced it back to the installation of Virgin Media wireless broadband!

One night I went downstairs to let the dog out and as I passed the router, the lights started flashing, even though no one in the house was online. Seconds later the car alarm was going off.

By turning off the router at night I could prevent the alarms going off.

The router is a VMDG280.

Virgin Media were useless and claimed there was no way it could be the cause. Our electronics guy at work tells me car interior sensors operate on the same frequencies as some Wifi adaptors.

Whilst looking for similar problems I found someone on a Mazda forum who had the same issue with a Mazda 6.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links