Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Injector fault IS200D - PLEASE HELP!

Good evening all,

This is a bit long winded description but please bear with it as in desperate need of help now. 

Newbee to the  page, but not to being around cars, labour mechanic in a local small town garage worked on plenty of cars and different issues. 

I've had a reoccurring issue going on with my 2010 IS200D F-Sport model. 

About a year ago I got the fault code with EML and TRC lights,

P0204 (injector circuit/open cylinder 4)

P1604 - Start ability Malfunction  

P1609 - Air fuel Ratio too rich

My first response was a faulty injector and replaced with another (2nd hand from a reliable source Guaranteed) coded the injector to the car and reset parameters using code on top of the new injector. 

car has been running fine ever since no issues, had the car to the mainland and covered close to 1k miles on holiday, fault came back on half way down Scotland, got the code cleared till got home and car ran fine once again.

once got home to Western Isles Fault with EML and TRC light came on, cleared code in work but however:

This time with no warning lights on the dash the car is running very lumpy, very unpredictable and not picking up throttle or power as it once did. 

this is mostly felt between 2K-3K revs. 

I have tried to do as much in depth research as I can through Google with not much luck pointing towards several factors I.e. - wiring, ECM, Injector, Grounding ETC,

If ANYONE  has had this issue or is able to point me in any direction, where to start, where to look will be greatly apricated and hopefully get my pride and joy working again back to normal.

I've owner the car for just over 4 years now and this is the only major issue I've had with it. 

please hope someone can help, 

Thanks very much

Look forward to hearing from yous.

• 1 month later...

I dont have my techstream working so working a bit blind on mine.

If its misfiring I would blame injector but I too have similar problem with no fault codes on generic OBD11 reader.

there is the aggravation of excess soot from wrong metering injector can coke up the vanes on variable vane turbo ,plus the EGR cokes up, inlet tracts coke up.

if you have techstream look at injector quantities for irregularities.

it should also show if that is cause of low power.

I did have codes for both vacuum solenoids on side of cam cover ,turbo boost and ??? Forgot other so replaced them, codes went away but no better.

On 4/14/2022 at 1:07 PM, LexusRbest said:

I dont have my techstream working so working a bit blind on mine.

If its misfiring I would blame injector but I too have similar problem with no fault codes on generic OBD11 reader.

there is the aggravation of excess soot from wrong metering injector can coke up the vanes on variable vane turbo ,plus the EGR cokes up, inlet tracts coke up.

if you have techstream look at injector quantities for irregularities.

it should also show if that is cause of low power.

I did have codes for both vacuum solenoids on side of cam cover ,turbo boost and ??? Forgot other so replaced them, codes went away but no better.

How do you tell injector quantities irregularities, are they all meant to be similar value and you look for one which is out of the ordinary compared to the rest. Managed to remove my injectors but struggling to get the injector seals off.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have been away, how is your injector problem going,

I stripped the misfiring one but the tip was spraying ok and now reassembled and reinstalled it is worse.!

Followed a youtube video…..doh! ……Don’t do it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links