Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Current delivery times?

Tonyw

I had a call from my dealer on Friday, we negotiated a deal by email and I placed an order yesterday morning, £5.5K saving on list price. My 2yr PCP still has 10 months to go but my really low mileage and current equity meant keeping payments similar but getting a new one; probably easier and maybe cheaper now than waiting till Dec.  
I am going Mica blue with Hazel this time, seen this combo on lots of YouTube videos and it looks really good. Been quoted August delivery 

keep you updated as I get notifications on my app, it already shows up as a new order in my virtual garage 

• Like 1

Congratulations it would be silly not to take up the offer if the payments are roughly the same or not too much of an increase. The 23MY vehicle has exceptional levels of sound proofing 

i ordered mine in September with estimated delivery of may, but the car got built in December ,and is currently at the dealers awaiting March 1st , so cars do seem to be coming through  a lot quicker than the 9 months to a year quoted a year or so ago.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Phone call from salesperson telling me my car has gone into build and will be available mid June. If that happens it will have been four months and getting close to the three months I waited last time.

• 4 weeks later...

Further update, according to the app my new car has gone into build today. So that’s one month since placing the order.

I’m estimating, a month to build and two months to arrive, so still looking like June 

• Like 1

I ordered my Es last November and was told that it would take twelve months for delivery.

Had a email two weeks ago to say it had .gone into production and another one today stating it had left the factory.

Delivery times are definitely coming down

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my ES in July 2022 with an expected delivery date of March 2023.  I checked with the dealer in January to be told that the date would now be May, I checked again in March to be told it would now be July and I checked again today to now be told it will be August 2023.

I am starting to wonder if I am ever going to receive it and whether I even care or if I should just pick a different car......  Disappointed that there is no proactive communication and it is only when I check that I learn the date is still moving further and further out.

I appreciate that there is an issue with the Mark Levinson chip but I don't feel like Lexus are necessarily owning this by choosing to check in with people on the wait list.

Sometimes it isn't the problem but how you react to it that makes all the difference.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LMeikle said:

I ordered my ES in July 2022 with an expected delivery date of March 2023.  I checked with the dealer in January to be told that the date would now be May, I checked again in March to be told it would now be July and I checked again today to now be told it will be August 2023.

I am starting to wonder if I am ever going to receive it and whether I even care or if I should just pick a different car......  Disappointed that there is no proactive communication and it is only when I check that I learn the date is still moving further and further out.

I appreciate that there is an issue with the Mark Levinson chip but I don't feel like Lexus are necessarily owning this by choosing to check in with people on the wait list.

Sometimes it isn't the problem but how you react to it that makes all the difference.

I can understand your frustration. I would have lost interest by now as well.

18 hours ago, LMeikle said:

A year for the ML chip is ridiculous, surely it must be more than just a processor chip, is it the same problem for every car globally using ML sound, I know most of the US cars have it installed. I know the software on the chip is setup to match the car acoustics, amp, speaker number and location. So surely it is the same chip used on all cars and then the software is matched to the model.

• 4 weeks later...

Any recent updates on delivery times? I ordered my first Lexus ES Premium Edition Feb 2021, but after 6 months of no news, and no indication of it even getting a build slot. So trying again this year, and after loads of test drives again, the Lexus wins again. So after getting a pretty sweet deal from Lexus in Exeter Ive placed a deposit to get another one ordered.

So.....how long to I have to wait this time?

6 hours ago, kevtoon2905 said:

Any recent updates on delivery times? I ordered my first Lexus ES Premium Edition Feb 2021, but after 6 months of no news, and no indication of it even getting a build slot. So trying again this year, and after loads of test drives again, the Lexus wins again. So after getting a pretty sweet deal from Lexus in Exeter Ive placed a deposit to get another one ordered.

I'm getting a bit confused here! What happened to the one you ordered in Feb 2021, did you cancel it? 

6 hours ago, kevtoon2905 said:

Mine is still due in June, 4 months after placing the order. 
in Orlando at moment and only seen a few over here, loads of the similar shaped Camrys around though. 

8 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

I'm getting a bit confused here! What happened to the one you ordered in Feb 2021, did you cancel it? 

Apologies, I meant Feb 22, and yeah, after 6 months of no indication when the build would start, I cancelled the order. So try again this year, so just wondering if things have improved..

7 hours ago, Tonyw said:

Mine is still due in June, 4 months after placing the order. 
in Orlando at moment and only seen a few over here, loads of the similar shaped Camrys around though. 

Apparently the ES is based on the now discontinued Avalon. The Camry did share the same engine and drive train when it was sold in the UK.

17 hours ago, kevtoon2905 said:

Apparently the ES is based on the now discontinued Avalon. The Camry did share the same engine and drive train when it was sold in the UK.

Yea, I had seen that, but they look so similar over here with the same integrated spoiler, size etc. All f sports here and surprisingly all have been hybrid rather than the v6, the front grill looks so much cooler and bigger without a number plate in  the way 

App says the car has landed in Bristol, so up to Derby them down to me, I reckon another 10-14 days.

that means 3 months from order in Feb.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 4:17 PM, Tonyw said:

App says the car has landed in Bristol, so up to Derby them down to me, I reckon another 10-14 days.

that means 3 months from order in Feb.

Thats pretty exciting news, almost back to pre-covid delivery times there.......put a deposit down last week......silence so far.

Dropped into my dealership to confirm paperwork etc, my car valuation has dropped to under £30k but they will honour the £31k from February. He thinks it is because the delivery times are down to 3 months now. Still not bad though, only lost 10% in 18 months.
They had the limited edition RC F, only 15 in Europe and 4 in UK apparently, it looks fantastic, £97K though.

053BF4C3-B0C9-404E-A430-617F8A4BFC35.jpeg

64098ACA-9DBF-4F28-856D-CB2B09A4B19F.jpeg

I find the idea of a 'Track Edition' with a Takumi Pack a bit of a (I really mean "massive") contradiction. Track Editions are normally stripped of excess weight and luxuries to maximise performance, but a Takumi Pack is supposed to be the top of the line edition with all the luxury. Which is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching my car move around the dealership today, it is currently unlocked and the doors all open with the keys inside, I think they are doing the cameras.

it was driven for 2 miles to the BP where it had been filled up

very tempting to try out the remote climate, which is new with the upgraded comms on the 23 spec.

collecting on Saturday morning

47 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

Been watching my car move around the dealership today, it is currently unlocked and the doors all open with the keys inside, I think they are doing the cameras.

it was driven for 2 miles to the BP where it had been filled up

very tempting to try out the remote climate, which is new with the upgraded comms on the 23 spec.

collecting on Saturday morning

looking forward to the pictures. did you get dash cam installed from them?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links