Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi - This is my first post .

I have been reading the forums for about a year now and based upon the advice in the forums I have now bought my first Lexus, a Canterbury blue, 27000 miler, 2001 LS430 - what a fantastic car, a replacement for my Jaguar Sovereign (nice car) and the Merc E Class 240 which replaced the Jag (sold after 3 weeks - say no more).

Have any members any comments re Lexus Stoke or Lexus Wolverhampton who are the nearest dealers to me as one of them will be required to do the service when it is next due.

Thanks for the advice keep it coming.

I have been reading the forums for about a year now and based upon the advice in the forums I have now bought my first Lexus, a Canterbury blue, 27000 miler, 2001 LS430 - what a fantastic car, a replacement for my Jaguar Sovereign (nice car) and the Merc E Class 240 which replaced the Jag (sold after 3 weeks - say no more).

Have any members any comments re Lexus Stoke or Lexus Wolverhampton who are the nearest dealers to me as one of them will be required to do the service when it is next due.

:driving: Nice one criss, what sort of economy is she giving?

Firstly, I'm jealous. We "only" have a 2000 LS400. Only kidding, there all excellent cars. We got it from Wolverhampton. I have to say that they didn't give the sort of service we expected when buying a Lexus. I dont know what the service department is like but the sales staff only wanted to get the money. We still haven't got the wallet for the manuals and had to fight to get the books. The service book was also missing. It took months to get the correct one for the car and to get it stamped up from the dealers concerned.

I can't reccomend them I'm afraid. We now use Ipswich (we live in the north of Essex) who have been excellent.

I know you'll enjoy the car whoever you use for servicing, we love ours. For reference my wife drives about 20,000 a year, generally sticks to the speed limits and gets around 27 -28mpg. So far it hasn't cost much more than our old Toyata Carina to run really especially when you consider the difference in comfort and all the toys you get.

Good luck

Is Lexus Stoke the one in Hanley?

If so i dont think you will have any issues as our very own Chris Shipley works there you could always phone/PM Chris if your unsure of anything.

You'll be fine :D

Welcome :driving:

Thanks

I didnt know there was one at Hanley i'll make some enquiries, the one I was thinking of is on the main A34 London almost in Newcastle under Lyme.

I'll give Chris a ring when the time comes

Chris

:driving: Nice one criss, what sort of economy is she giving?

She is quite economical I am pleasantly surprised, about 28.5 on a run mainly on dual carriageways motorways and good A roads at sensible speeds, drops to around 23 at home which is a mix of very short (1 mile trips) and to and from work (12 miles each way). Much better than the Jag not quite as good as the Merc but then the engine was only half the size.

Firstly, I'm jealous. We "only" have a 2000 LS400. Only kidding, there all excellent cars.  We got it from Wolverhampton.  I have to say that they didn't give the sort of service we expected when buying a Lexus.  I dont know what the service department is like but the sales staff only wanted to get the money.  We still haven't got the wallet for the manuals and had to fight to get the books.  The service book was also missing. It took months to get the correct one for the car and to get it stamped up from the dealers concerned.

I can't reccomend them I'm afraid.  We now use Ipswich (we live in the north of Essex) who have been excellent.

I know you'll enjoy the car whoever you use for servicing, we love ours.  For reference my wife drives about 20,000 a year, generally sticks to the speed limits and gets around 27 -28mpg.  So far it hasn't cost much more than our old Toyata Carina to run really especially when you consider the difference in comfort and all the toys you get.

Good luck

Thank you for replying.

No need to be jealous the LS400 is a tremendous car. Thats what I was looking for.

Had mine three months now, it gets better every day, I love it, even the wife likes it which is unusual she doesnt normally like my choice of cars, and youngest daughter (18) is happy cos it doesnt make us look poor! she is the snob not me, I just thank my lucky stars I could get one.

Thanks for the advice I'll give Wolverhampton a miss based on that - I dont like the area anyway.

I bought mine from Lexus Bracknel, nothing was too much trouble excellent service particularly from Mike Dale, they even sent an RX300 to collect us when we took delivery, 300 miles round trip at their expense - thank you very much would recommend them to anyone, sadly they're just a bit far away to go for a service.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links