Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying An Is200,advice?

Hi all, firstly Im new here, Ive been reading up on the IS200 on here for a couple of days now.Chris.S directed me here from another site if you must know.

Basically Im thinking about buying an IS200 for my next car, I currently drive a modified Golf TDi.

Is there anything I should look for in particular when buying one? What sort of mileage is recommended?

I have about £8,000 to spend give or take so I guess I'll be looking at 1999/2000 models with that budget.

Another concern I have is that I will get bored with the performance pretty quickly as my golf actually does 0-60 quicker than a standard IS200. I read that supercharging is the only real worthwile method to give significant gains short of a turbo conversion (too expensive for me!).So, ideally Id like to buy one that is already charged but obviously this will be reflected in the price.Are there any issues I should check for when buying a car that has already been charged?

Sorry for all the confusing questions Im just after some general advice being as I know little about these cars or petrol engines for that matter haha.

Cheers, Rik.

P.S. whats the difference between the S,SE and sport models?

Hi all, firstly Im new here, Ive been reading up on the IS200 on here for a couple of days now.Chris.S directed me here from another site if you must know.

Basically Im thinking about buying an IS200 for my next car, I currently drive a modified Golf TDi.

Is there anything I should look for in particular when buying one? What sort of mileage is recommended?

I have about £8,000 to spend give or take so I guess I'll be looking at 1999/2000 models with that budget.

Another concern I have is that I will get bored with the performance pretty quickly as my golf actually does 0-60 quicker than a standard IS200. I read that supercharging is the only real worthwile method to give significant gains short of a turbo conversion (too expensive for me!).So, ideally Id like to buy one that is already charged but obviously this will be reflected in the price.Are there any issues I should check for when buying a car that has already been charged?

Sorry for all the confusing questions Im just after some general advice being as I know little about these cars or petrol engines for that matter haha.

Cheers, Rik.

P.S. whats the difference between the S,SE and sport models?

well as you can see we all driving Lexus and i belive many people in here are drive IS. It's really nice and comfortable to drive, Also you can mod IS as well that's for sure.

S, SE and sport they are all same engine, but SE and SPort more luxury( sun roof, leather seats and tint windows) but S doesn't have

hey guys, cheers for the replies.(oh Im a poet and I never knowed)

Its a real shame about the engines in these cars because they are gorgeous. Id get one in a flash if it was either more powerful or the IS300 came with a manual option.Also, the insurance is pretty steep considering its only a group 12, I got the same price quoted on a group 15 car,doenst make sense really.

I'm looking at audi A3 quattro's now, plenty of tuning potential there and 4wd to boot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links