Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Dvd

dusi

Having had my SC 430 for a year or so now I decided to see if there was an update on the navigation DVD. So far I have had several different stories with regard to availability and nobody including Lexus HO seem to be able to agree. But perhaps even more annoying is the price, I meam, I could buy a small second hand car for what they are asking.

Any ideas :blink:

What price are you being quoted?

I spoke to Lexus last week, also enquiring about a new DVD (the most recent release is Jan 2001). I was told that a new one was "imminent" and would be around 180 quid.

I suspect that the dealer just assumed that the price is the same as the current CD updates for the older CD based nav systems though.

I don't remember the exact price, I think my brain refused to register it , but it was in the region of £400 to £500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to get a source of supply in europe where it seems because of the strength of the £ they will be cheaper but they were as confused by Lexus as the dealers are here and, it must be said, very ****** off.

Perhaps it might be worth trying to source them in the US?

Unfortunately free upgrades do not exist for anything these days :sad:

I actually have an IS300 (which I believe uses essentially the same nav system, without the touch interface)

I live near Northampton, but some examples so far are:

- The estate I live on (I have a new house, about 25 months old, unlisted)

- The A43 (unfair example, road was rebuilt over the summer, and junctions for M40 moved)

- The one-way system around Reading (parts of the information seem to be wrong)

- A client in Bedford, on a business park around 2 years old, unlisted

The system doesn't seem to cope well with being left in an unlisted location - as it often takes several minutes to stop "floating" to the left of the road, and re-acquire the correct position.

It's still a fantastic tool - it would just be nice if the map data wasn't two years old.

Alistair

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links