Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I didnt realise the new car was £81k.So its fairly expensive,basically a person could drive an Aston martin Vantage for that money,i know they are a different car completely,but from my point of view £81k for a Lexus/Audi/Bmw/Merc is just insane.What do you lot think?if i had £81k to spend on a car id be looking at something like Porsche Turbo/V8 Vantage/Maserati quattroporte wouldnt you?

Anyway stumbled across this thread on PH,found peoples comments quite funny,it seems public opinion is swaying towards Lexus these days over the German competitors when it comes to luxury barges.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=447235

As someone who shelled out on an LS460 SE-L, I would say that this is worth the money if you can afford it. The big question is, after buying the car at this price, do you go around in a constant state of regret or do you look out of the window in the morning admiring the car and feeling good about your choice. I am in the latter category. I would rather have one of these than the Porsche or Aston Martin, but I have to consider that my family will also be in the car with me. I would not have spent the extra money on the 600h though as the boot is much smaller (330 litres) and the LS460 SE-L boot is small enough already. It's a shame that only the standard LS460 has a decent boot (505 litres) but most of the nice toys in the SE-L (rear seat upgrade package, rear seat entertainment system) kill the boot space, reducing it to 385 litres.

For pure driving thrills on a budget, in my opinion nothing beats karting. I am lucky to live close to one of the largest outdoor kart tracks in the country (Teesside Autodrome) and fifteen minutes blasting round on a twin engine kart is very cheap and satisfies the need for driving adrenaline, as well as developing car control.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats fair enough,i was interested in peoples opinions of car budget in relation to brand.Some people are quite happy to pay any amount,if they like something,regardless of brand.I however dont think i could ever spend more than £50/60k on a car and if i did it wouldnt be anything like a Merc,Beemer or Lexus it would have to be something seriously special.The new cars really are amazing and seem to have overtaken the German competition(s class etc),its going to be interesting to see if after beating the Germans at the Luxury game,can they do the same on the performance game with the IS-F, LF-A.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links