Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shugs' Is200 Se ('99)

Hey guys,

I have been following LOC for about a year or so, since I bought my IS200.

I have found it a very useful resource for trouble shooting and contemplating potential upgrades. So a big thanks to you all! :)

Decided to take the plunge and open a thread about mine, I have been running her for nearly a year now, she has served me extremely well, try to wash her once a week and wax every 1-2 months depending on weather and season.

She's due for an oil change and service soon, so I'm gonna sort that out. Just passed its MOT with only one minor about a leaky exhaust flange. I replaced all four tyres beforehand, front were worn pretty bad which from what I can tell is normal; while the back ones were in perfectly fine condition tread depth wise, but one had a puncture on the shoulder while the other had a sketchy puncture repair pretty much on the tyre wall which was done by the previous owner. Pretty annoying to replace those tyres but I couldn't run it knowing that it had the dangerous punctures/repairs. I have been left a bit out of pocket though lol.

Anyway! She is a top spec IS200 SE '99 T plate, and has covered 140,000 miles but still drives like new which is a testament to Lexus/Toyota. However the bodywork is looking a bit tired up close and I need some pointers on how to tidy her up. But first:

Here are a couple of pics of her all gleaming when I bought her last September :)

(Have since removed the tinted strip on windscreen)

22082009059.jpg

is2002.jpg

Inside:

mediakh.jpg

So to the point, there are some issues, I'll start with the N/S side skirt:

nsskirt1.jpg

nsskirt2.jpg

So as you can see it is peeling away slightly, what can I use to fasten it back in place? Or should I just hand it over to a body shop?

I have another panel gap on the N/S, it looks like matey who owned it before me had a 'prang' and simply put it back together without a decent repair:

rqp1.jpg

rqp2.jpg

On the O/S the bumper is fitted perfectly but it is only on the N/S where it looks dodgy and the paint looks faded.

I assume it is just a matter of taking it apart and putting it back together properly? Hopefully the brackets haven't been damaged. The bumper is a little bit loose at its fastenings in the rear N/S wheel arch. I might fork out for a respray at some point (but for now I'm saving my pennies for a supercharger conversion.)

Final issue (at least for now)

Leaky O/S fog lamp!

fog.jpg

The bulb in it was blown, I took out the housing to replace the bulb (which was a total pain in the arse!!!!)

So the seal around the lens of the housing is clearly buggered, does the 'heat in the oven' method help open up the seal? Are there any other fastenings? Also what could I use to seal it?

Really appreciate any feedback you guys can give me

Cheers!

I've got absolutely no advice for you whatsoever, but just wanted to compliment you on a nice looking 'stealth' Lexie :-)

I see you've got an aftermarket stereo in there. You lucky man. I wish I did in mine :-/