Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was driving on the motorway earlier today, using cruise control. After about an hour a message "Check PCS System" came up on the instrument display with the red warning triangle and the cruise control stopped working. I tried to reset it, but I couldn't and instead got a different message "Check Cruise System". After a few seconds this message went off and the first message came back and now stays on permanently.

Any ideas? I checked the handbook but I wasn't much use. Is this something I can reset myself or does it mean a trip to the dealer? The car is still under waranty.

I was driving on the motorway earlier today, using cruise control. After about an hour a message "Check PCS System" came up on the instrument display with the red warning triangle and the cruise control stopped working. I tried to reset it, but I couldn't and instead got a different message "Check Cruise System". After a few seconds this message went off and the first message came back and now stays on permanently.

Any ideas? I checked the handbook but I wasn't much use. Is this something I can reset myself or does it mean a trip to the dealer? The car is still under waranty.

No idea mate, but it would be best if you ring your dealer up!

• 9 months later...

Morning guys - I need help! I had the same experience as the OP regarding a sudden loss of Cruise control and now a warning message in my information display "Check PCS system". Cruise will not work either.

I am going to Clean radar sensor, check fuses, reset ECU (in case its a glich) but can anybody out there offer any further help before i have to go to the stealership?

If the the OP with the same problem is looking in i would be very interested to know how you fixed your problem.

Here's hoping guys

Thanks in advance

Phil

Well no responses?! Just to update anybody who is interested just got call from Lexus Leicester and apparently I need a new Radar Sensor (millimetre-wave radar) the thing that sits behind the logo on front grille - £710 fitted!!

Unfortunately I'm out of warranty and despite lots of begging they could not offer me any help/goodwill.

Seriously disappointed with the Lexus marque that is supposed to be the no.1 in all the latest polls for reliability! Looking on the Internet if you have Dynamic Cruise Control in either your IS250 or LS430 it will fail at some stage so be prepared or pay the extortionate prices for the extended warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links