Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Dials.... Have Gone Crazy

kweilo

Ok, maybe not crazy... but I'm still mighty confused.

The coolant / engine temp guage is swapping between medium and freezing, and the fuel guage light is flashing as if I have no fuel, whilst the dial has disappeared off the end of the scale.

I turn off the ignition, restart, and we're fine for a few minutes. Then, everything goes nuts.

Er, any ideas, anyone?

Could just be a lose connector on the dials.

Take the dials out and check that the two connector blocks are inserted correctly

Random - it hasn't happened again all day, despite a good few hours driving. I'll have the clocks out when I next get some free time.

The coolant / engine temp guage is swapping between medium and freezing, and the fuel guage light is flashing as if I have no fuel, whilst the dial has disappeared off the end of the scale.

I turn off the ignition, restart, and we're fine for a few minutes. Then, everything goes nuts.

Er, any ideas, anyone?

Have you had any of the other lights start flashing like a Xmas tree yet? If so, it could be water is getting into the junction/fuse box in the driver footwell. This happened to me about this time last year after me had alot of rain.

Er, any ideas, anyone?

Have you had any of the other lights start flashing like a Xmas tree yet? If so, it could be water is getting into the junction/fuse box in the driver footwell. This happened to me about this time last year after me had alot of rain.

Nothing else has gone crazy, not has anything gone weird since Tuesday night. It did bucket down that night - probably worth an investigate. Cheers!

Er, any ideas, anyone?

Nothing else has gone crazy, not has anything gone weird since Tuesday night. It did bucket down that night - probably worth an investigate. Cheers!

Thats ok bud.

one thing, the water isnt obvious i had to remove each the plugs. I was'nt able to feel they were wet, it was when i had a look at the pins in the socket and plug i could see that water had gotten in causing Corrosion.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links