Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

my car had to be towed today since the key fob failed, so I could not get the immobilizer off,

I have two keys, both of them do not work.

So what now?

Can I get new keys somewhere and program them myself?

Or do I have to go to local Toyota dealer and order the keys?

Any ideas welcome.

If the key fobs are not operating the imobiliser the system may have failed at the imobiliser end .

This would require a new imobiliser and new key coding ,which if I remember when this happened to me on my Mark 1 involves new keys being cut.

This will not be cheap so make sure that it is not something else that is causing this problem before ordering the imobiliser replacement.

I am thinking that passing the immobilizer might not be so easy, but it could be an option. The car is in Finland, Right Hand drive Lexus, no one will steal that, because there is not much point.

I am still thinking that if the both keys have light on, then it could not be the Battery or a key where the problem is, but somewhere else.

Cheapest way would be to by pass the immobliser similair thing happened to mine mate of mine who's pretty good on car elec's came round and by passed the alarm and imobiliser.

You are getting into dangerous territory with that solution, your insurance could be invalidated.

Cheapest way would be to by pass the immobliser similair thing happened to mine mate of mine who's pretty good on car elec's came round and by passed the alarm and imobiliser.

You are getting into dangerous territory with that solution, your insurance could be invalidated.

Why the alarm is still fitted which is what they ask just not working

Well the main issue is not if the insurance covers it or not, the issue is what to do with the car. Why I cannot open the doors even with new Battery installed to key fob.? I tried both key fobs and they both have red light on when I press the button, so I assume they work. But nothing happens. The previous owner said about the second key that it will open the doors but not start the car and I have been using the first key now without any problems. But now suddenly both keys do not work.

Try these programming procedures:

Procedure to program transponder/immoblizer:

1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.

2. Insert Master key into the ignition cylinder. (master means you key which can start a car)

3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from On to OFF five times.

4. Open and close the driver side door 6 times.

5. Remove the Master Key and insert the new duplicate key.

6. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds. The THEFT light on the dashboard will go out, indicating that programming has been completed.

-------------------

Programming Remote:

1.Driver door open, other doors closed, no key in ignition

2. Insert and remove key in ignition twice (without turning it on)

3. Close and open drivers side door twice

4. Insert and remove key from ignition

5. Close and open drivers side door twice

6. Insert key in ignition and close driver’s door

7. Turn ignition to on then off(once)

8. Remove key. The locks will cycle once

9. Within 1 second after locks cycle - Press lock and unlock on the key at the same time for 2 seconds.

10. W/in 1.5 seconds press lock on the key for one second.

11. To stop programming- Open and close drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out.

Other option - do search of companies who do car immobilizers programming - they are more than 100% cheap than dealer.

Mariusz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links