Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After trying a number of local locksmiths to cut a blank key with no success, I found this company on Google and decided to give it a try.

I had a key tag in the 40000 range so arranged for them to supply the key for £5.13 plus £2.00 extra for cutting, total £8.56 including VAT.

Arrived in 3 days, swopped the innards and worked first time which is more than can be said for the 'spare' I got from the seller when I bought the car.

Local dealer wanted £103 just for the key.

Shell feels at least as good quality as the original.

http://www.keytrader.co.uk/Vehicle-Keys/Car-Keys/TOYOTA/Silca-TOY48-Toyota-Lexus-3-Button-Replacement-Key-Shell-TOY48BRS8.html?keyword=toy48

Doesn't actually mention my '55 RX300, but from the pic my keys looked more like a TOY48 than a TOY40 and as a Scotsman and an Aberdonian to boot it was worth a chance for under a tenner.

John

Jon

No, I just entered the 4xxxx key code on the online form.

Free postage, only extra was the VAT.

It's all in the link, or Google it if you don't like following links.

Perhaps I was just lucky having the key code for a second-hand motor.

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links