#1 Mitsos

Mitsos

New Club Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Lexus: RX400h

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

Hi I just joined the group in hope of help..
I am moving back to Italy with my '06 RHD Lexus RX400h in December. So, I need to change the beam angle on my headlights to LHD from RHD in order to comply with the italian regulations. Is there a swith to flick in order to make the converion? Could someone enlighten me? Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 daveyboo

daveyboo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Lexus: RX400h

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi I just joined the group in hope of help..
I am moving back to Italy with my '06 RHD Lexus RX400h in December. So, I need to change the beam angle on my headlights to LHD from RHD in order to comply with the italian regulations. Is there a swith to flick in order to make the converion? Could someone enlighten me? Cheers

Dont think you need to as the headlight beam is flat, might have to turn off the headlight moving system though.

#3 katabrontes

katabrontes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Lexus: RX350
  • Year: 2006

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

See below for answer from Lexus UK.  There is no need to do anything.

Thank you for your further email.

I can confirm that the HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps on the RX 350 do not need to be
converted for travel on the continent. The set up of the headlamp is such that the light shines in a horizontal
flat beam which has no kick up and as such is not dazzling to drivers of oncoming cars.

As you have suggested, we would recommend that the Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting
System (I-AFS) is switched off when travelling on the continent.

Yours sincerely

Claire Newman

Customer Relations Executive

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have