Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus iPod adaptor

Hi all, 

i have the iPod connection in the glove box in my 2008 rx400h with mark levinson. That works fine but I can't seem to get the cd/DVDs to accept a disc. Am I missing something aimple to switch between the two?

thanks in advance

dan

Funny you should ask that. No, I hadn't even noticed the Load button hah! Just loaded up a CD and a DVD and both work perfectly. Although, I'm not sure when I'll ever watch a DVD in the car it's still a fancy bit of technology. 

Thanks for your reply, I feel like a right dope!

Thanks, in fact, the car wouldn't start yesterday so I phoned the garage I bought it from and they sent out a mechanic straight away, he got it started and I drove it up the their shop. They tested the 12V Battery and it was completely finished. Probably from when the car had been say on the lot although he did say it looked like the original (on a 2008 car!). They replaced it with a brand new Bosch item so I'm totally happy with the service I've received and no more 12V worries for a few years hopefully!

• Like 1

For me the DVD capability comes under 'nice-to-have' although I'm not sure when I'd ever find myself sat in the car, stationary, for long enough to actually feel like watching something. That said what I have used it for is listening to a music DVD as an alternative to a CD (usually live concert DVDs). You get more music on the disc and in 5.1 DD, and with the move to Bluray, DVDs are becoming less expensive.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hitby said:

Funny you should ask that. No, I hadn't even noticed the Load button hah! Just loaded up a CD and a DVD and both work perfectly. Although, I'm not sure when I'll ever watch a DVD in the car it's still a fancy bit of technology. 

Thanks for your reply, I feel like a right dope!

No worries, I'm sure we've all had an "oh, that's how that works" moment with these cars. It took me at least a week to work out the navigation DVD didn't go into the dash.

Yep, It's never taken me so long to work out everything on a car, normally I'm done after sitting in it for an hour. Still haven't figured out some stuff on this one!

Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links