Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 V2 maps have been released

Done an ota update earlier in the week and it now only shows speed camera alerts if it's connected online, haven't tried via USB yet but lexus service guy seemed to know but couldn't tell me why

Hi, 

Yes this also happened with the OTA on the 2021v1 update too.  You will find a thread on here about it... I should have linked to it... Sorry.  I reported this bug to customer relations last time.  If you have not reported this to customer relations then please email cr@lexus.co.uk.

The solution is to update the entire map database from usb stick.  (When you do OTA it loads eg the UK maps only on top of the old map database. Usb installs will update the entire map database from scratch)

It's very disappointing that they have now know about this for 6 months and neither fixed it or added a warning to say that it's updates break speed cameras.

I guess, like last time, even if you are online but using Android auto or car play, it still won't work. You need to have Lexus Online selected as the default service and as you say you need the internet connection active too. Very odd.

I'll link in a moment to the old thread and the instructions on usb updates.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Jumped the gun a bit as seems to be working now, the lack of camera add at the bottom fooled me so all good. One difference is had to get file from the my lexus website in the your purchases part. 

36 minutes ago, Cuzzy said:

Jumped the gun a bit as seems to be working now, the lack of camera add at the bottom fooled me so all good. One difference is had to get file from the my lexus website in the your purchases part. 

The camera icon in the bottom right of the maps only shows when online and this is for you to press if you see a mobile speed camera - i.e. it adds camera locations to your own online database. Hence it is only there when you are connected to Lexus online.

Cheers,

Paul

Are we saying that fixed speed cameras are updated in real time when using online services? If so, I didn’t realise this and thought that the speed camera database was only as up to date as your last map version, so that would be a big plus (an up to date speed camera database is a higher priority for me than an updated map - for safety reasons!).

14 minutes ago, Pielight said:

Are we saying that fixed speed cameras are updated in real time when using online services? If so, I didn’t realise this and thought that the speed camera database was only as up to date as your last map version, so that would be a big plus (an up to date speed camera database is a higher priority for me than an updated map - for safety reasons!).

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately not. Speed cameras come from a fixed database in the car and are updated with each map release. If you are online you get an extra feature that if you tap the camera button on the bottom right then you store an additional speed camera location into your account. I believe this is supposed to be for you to record eg mobile speed camera locations as and when you see them. I understand this data is only kept in your account and not shared with others.

Paul

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PDM said:

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately not. Speed cameras come from a fixed database in the car and are updated with each map release. If you are online you get an extra feature that if you tap the camera button on the bottom right then you store an additional speed camera location into your account. I believe this is supposed to be for you to record eg mobile speed camera locations as and when you see them. I understand this data is only kept in your account and not shared with others.

Paul

Thanks Paul….I thought it too good to be true and was probably misinterpreting the previous posts. Looks like it’s either regular (expensive!) map updates, or phone app or portable sat nav (both clunky).

Another option is to retrofit Bluetooth apple CarPlay or Android auto interface, but I worry about affecting reliability /longevity of screen etc which is not covered by the Relax warranty in the first place. Seeing them on the YouTube videos, they seem to work perfectly and are not too difficult to fit.

Cheers

Paul

1 hour ago, Pielight said:

Thanks Paul….I thought it too good to be true and was probably misinterpreting the previous posts. Looks like it’s either regular (expensive!) map updates, or phone app or portable sat nav (both clunky).

Another option is to retrofit Bluetooth Apple CarPlay or Android auto interface, but I worry about affecting reliability /longevity of screen etc which is not covered by the Relax warranty in the first place. Seeing them on the YouTube videos, they seem to work perfectly and are not too difficult to fit.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have seen the Beat Sonic retrofit devices on youtube which I like the look of as they let you keep the existing Lexus system and add ACP/AA to it.  I was wondering about adding one to my wife's 15NX.  They do mention GSF as being compatible.

On the Lexus maps, you should get 3 years of "map care" updates, but I guess these have recently expired for you.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links