Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450h Front passenger side leaking shock absorber

usuf_x

hello LOC 😀

As lovely as the car is the shocks are are a right nightmare 🙃to source especially if its not Lexus.

what are thoughts to used shock absobers are they  worth the hassle of not? seems eBay has options but still shocking prices.

any alternatives to other sources, though i have seen and read using GS300 shocks will work as long as we leave the electronics connected but  wont actually do anything nor light up the dash and of course the button wont work..

any advice welcomed even if it means biting the bullet and getting from Lexus.....

Just installed 2 shocks on the rear of my gs450h. Schoks from gs300 and so far its ok, no errors. 

You can find KYB shocks (same brand as the ones from factory) around 140£ one.

Thanks for getting  to me, you dont by chance happen to have a link for

After searching and lexus parts  on back order I managed to source a used one for £60 complete assembly with springs, makes changing over easy.

For this price I was happy and prepared to change it over to pass the MOT.

Fingers crossed this works.

Heres a picture  of what it looks pretty clean and the mechanic  seemed happy with it.

20211111_174805.thumb.jpg.dc2e235314ae33f44ba520864f97555c.jpg20211111_174733.thumb.jpg.30cec144ffcd796f3f455c55672385da.jpg

On 11/9/2021 at 8:24 PM, Stefan213 said:

Just installed 2 shocks on the rear of my gs450h. Schoks from gs300 and so far its ok, no errors. 

You can find KYB shocks (same brand as the ones from factory) around 140£ one.

I searched for these but had luck, got alink to them or part numbers 

Also wanted to add, I sourced a few  sellers selling used ones  that have these in stock as of today and also found an eBay seller selling brand new original shock absorber  for £239 delivered but cannot get them till end of November 

If anyone is interested , please message me and  I will pass on the details.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links