Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Faulty 3UZ

Omega1990

Hi Neilas and welcome to the LOC.

A 4 second video clip doesn’t provide much, is the car yours, what’s it’s history, was it running fine and gone like this or have you bought it like this?

At the moment it sounds like someone has removed the normally super smooth V8 and replaced it with a Perkins Diesel engine.

The more information you provide the more we can try and help you. 😀

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hi Neilas and welcome to the LOC.

A 4 second video clip doesn’t provide much, is the car yours, what’s it’s history, was it running fine and gone like this or have you bought it like this?

At the moment it sounds like someone has removed the normally super smooth V8 and replaced it with a Perkins Diesel engine.

The more information you provide the more we can try and help you. 😀

Afternoon, I bought it with a “faulty engine” previous owner said that after some hard acceleration he noticed it began to sound like a tractor… Battery is flat at the moment so it is pretty hard to get a recording of it… and even when I do manage to get it running it doesn’t last long before dying 

17BDD70E-BD57-4616-897F-731BACE703D6.jpeg

Difficult to diagnose accurately but given the additional information I would first take a look at the cam belt timing, I’m guessing you have no history with the car so do not know if the belt has been replaced at any time.

Chances are the belt has slipped resulting in valve/piston contact.....this generally writes off the engine due to cost of required replacement parts and the labour involved.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links