Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost a year since purchase

VFR

The RX was serviced when bought (Lexus Coventry) and i have not needed to top the oil up yet, it “looks” damn near as clean as the day it was changed despite the miles I have put on it, never had an engine keep this clean and that includes the Honda before it.

It is used every day since purchase with a long trip down to Kent every 2 months or so & have just completed a trip to Spain and back adding about 2k mls and this all using 95 ron and one fill 98 as I never saw E10 anywhere over there, cannot say that the mileage was any better though using one over the other but keeping the speed down a bit did show a saving (60 ish instead of 70ish)

Thought it best to replace the wiper blades prior to the trip so had a like on wiper blades.co.uk and opted for some Lucas items but they made a noise on the change over at the top of screen so called the company to ask if I could pop in on our way south to Plymouth for some replacements?

For sure was the answer and what a top notch outfit they are, upgraded them to Bosch twins, fitted them and all for no extra charge, even using my Lexus card Halfords was more expensive so will always buy from them in future.

Had been looking at wind deflectors for some time so opted for the OE items supplied by Lexus official store on eBay but the arrived with some damaged to the chrome trim, contacted them about it inc pictures and straight away a refund was offered or a set of replacements, or a hefty discount which I took as I wanted to use them on my trip, now fitted and well pleased with them.

Bought this after viewing the High Peak Motors review on the tube and have to say glad I did “and” it does make you a calmer driver (IMO) but has the grunt to get you out of trouble should it be needed.

8381E3D9-28A7-4F09-A8B3-CB9901E7F9C4.jpeg

49AED2FC-3E06-4358-83F5-556CCFB4AA29.jpeg

• Like 5

Lovely looking car and with those wind deflectors it looks even better. Yes I agree driving a RX makes you a calmer driver, I remember that when I had one tho my is250 is damn close to the RX in that respect. Keep on enjoying your car.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your kind words.

Update ……….

Those Bosch wipers blades also made a noise on the TDC change over so as my son said (Dad just buy OE items) which I did again via Lexus eBay store so now no noise at all.

• Like 1

Having just done a trip to France,  I would agree that there's a noticeable difference in fuel economy between cruising along at 60ish and 70ish. At around 60 on the way out I got 40mpg, but 70+ on the way back was nearer 30mpg.

I also shared your experience of Bosch wipers, which I was a big fan of, but changed them to OEM because of noise and  judder.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links