Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

retro fit reversing camera

Kaptkremmin

Hi all, I contacted Lexus at Hull about a reversing camera and they said they don't fit them, in fact they said they don't do anything like that. So I have a relation who works for Toyota and lets face it, it's a posh Toyota, only to find they have to contact Lexus to ask them about it as they don't have access to their computers, they told them from the reg number and chasis number the car didn't have a camera, wow we new that, plus they said if it's not fitted from factory it can't be done on the car display. Now the car I have has Sat-nav and in house display and on the internet it shows a CT200h having a rear camera fitted using this wiring adapter(photo included) plus a camera and it's supposed to be plug and play and powers up when reverse selected. I wondered if anyone has tackled this problem before, Lexus also said if it's not fitted it's not there so I assume they ment it's not prewired. The photo of the wiring adapter goes behind the display which you unplug the genuine and plug it into the adapter and plug that back into the display, leaving just the camera wires to connect.

20230629_225731.jpg

While I haven't done a 'genuine' retrofit of the camera, I have installed a reversing camera on my CT via an Android Auto/Apple Car Play box I installed and it works perfectly with the Lexus system (turns on automatically when in reverse gear, displays on screen with guidelines etc).

The cable for the Android Auto box was very similar to the one in your photo, so looks like it should be plug & play if you have the correct parts (although I can't guarantee that of course).

If it's of interest, the Android Auto system I purchased is here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003992641706.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.52.339a1802ZcPNk6

And the camera I used is here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003109294587.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.32.339a1802ZcPNk6

I saw a firm what advertised a kit for the CT, costing £450 so I emailed them to asked what you got for that money, the reply was the adapter wire, a camera and a camera interface, I'm no video tec and asked what the interface was for, they say to link the camera to the display unit, I thought with the wiring adapter fitting behind the display, it was all I'd need and a camera of course. Looking at the wiring adapter, there is the Rcam wire in yellow and a black and red wire, live and earth, the camera has the Rcam wire in yellow and the black and red wires, I thought the display was camera ready, I'm no auto electrician, the camera you have linked is one I had looked at.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links