Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrade to satnav screen?

GaryJ

Hi

I have a 2019 es300h and am delighted with it. However the satnav screen is a tad small when compared to those in later models. Is it possible to upgrade to the larger screen (in the UK)? I’m told by my Lexus dealer that they can’t offer that - but can others? 

2 hours ago, GaryJ said:

Hi

I have a 2019 es300h and am delighted with it. However the satnav screen is a tad small when compared to those in later models. Is it possible to upgrade to the larger screen (in the UK)? I’m told by my Lexus dealer that they can’t offer that - but can others? 

Everything can be done for a price, but to purchase new parts and have them fitted would cost more that selling your vehicle and buying one with the larger screen.

If you wanted to upgrade to the latest spec then you would need a complete new dashboard as well as nav unit and screen as it is now touchscreen and positioned much nearer the driver.

Even to upgrade your screen to a 2019 model with the larger screen would cost £4000+ in screen and nav unit plus labour for fitting and modifications to wiring.

2 hours ago, GaryJ said:

Hi

I am having Screen issues with my 2020 ES with the smaller screen. It is being handled by Lexus under warranty but I was told that the screen may need to be replaced and the screen (and possibly some other parts) will end up costing Lexus around £8000.00 just for the parts. 

If you absolutely must have the bigger screen, better to buy a car with the bigger screen.

Maybe non dealership prices could be cheaper but that would definitely void warranty.

—E

Wow - in that case I’ll definitely stick to my smaller screen! 😉 As it happens I’m getting apple CarPlay installed next week by my local Lexus dealer (£80) so I can connect Google/Waze etc when I feel the need to do so. 👍

• 8 months later...

There are aftermarket 12.3" screen upgrades available on Ali Express but I've only come across models for LHD cars 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links