Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

IS 300h 2017 Inner Tie Rod Thread Size

Hi,

My 2017 IS300h inner tie rod adjustment nut has virtually seized solid and is making accurate tracking nearly impossible.  My local mechanic contacted Lexus regarding getting the part and they have said it's an entire steering rack replacement for €1300 + VAT and fitting.  That's utter madness considering I can see spurious parts for sale online.  

Does anyone know the thread diameter and pitch of the inner tie rod?  We are thinking of taking It off and cleaning the threads with a tap and die nut once we have the right size.  

Thanks.  

Has your mechanic used a blow torch on it? A competent mechanic should be able to loosen that nut in no time. I recently replaced a tie rod on a 12 year old Honda it required patience & the nut to be glowing red. Inner tie rod usually has a lock washer that is bent inwards to prevent the nut from coming loose check this has been straightened with a punch before attempting to twist it loose. 

If it helps...

4550353010 - Part number look on eBay description of the item lists the spec..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404431469255?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=y9sZbD73SoW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=m3fnkB75QhS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

Screenshot_20240521_222848_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

Hi

We heated in multiple times, loads of penetrating oil and a spanner with 4 ft of pipe on the end of it.  The other side is perfectly fine and it appears as if the locking nut has picked up on the threads. 

Thanks for the link.  I take it the outer thread is the one with the lock nut on it?  Therefore If we got an M15 pitch 1.5mm tap and die nut, we might succeed in cleaning all the threads.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pandybelly said:

Hi

We heated in multiple times, loads of penetrating oil and a spanner with 4 ft of pipe on the end of it.  The other side is perfectly fine and it appears as if the locking nut has picked up on the threads. 

Thanks for the link.  I take it the outer thread is the one with the lock nut on it?  Therefore If we got an M15 pitch 1.5mm tap and die nut, we might succeed in cleaning all the threads.  

Wirebrush & intense heat failing that cut it off & replace with inner & outer tie rod.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links