Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help buying used RX-300; 1999 model

I am in the US (Atlanta GA area) and I am looking to purchase a used RX-300, 1999 model.

If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it.

I had a few questions:

1) I want a white one. Why do some have gold trim but most have silver? Any other car differences other than the color of the emblem?

2) From a reliability standpoint is the 2WD better than AWD? I never go "off-road" - should I avoid AWD?

3) "Sludge prompt"...is there a definitive way to tell if a car has the problem?

4) What typically goes wrong with the cars? What should I look for when I am checking out a car? I was going to have a Lexus dealer do their checkout on the car anyway.

Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Wassup.. i'm new here also and there are 2 different kinds of emblem trim, either gold or silver. For me i have the silversport edition so i had black pearl. So it all depends on what you want.

I went with AWD when i purchased mine.. WHy? i dunno just the thoguth of getting a SUV that SUV's are ment for AWD even THO we dont bring it off roading since its too nice to be :yes:

i guess the best way to check for sludge problem would have to be with asking the dealer to check it out?

hrm... i woudln't really know... but good luck!!!

• 1 month later...

1) I want a white one. Why do some have gold trim but most have silver? Any other car differences other than the color of the emblem?

The trim is a preference thing. Whichever you prefer basically.

2) From a reliability standpoint is the 2WD better than AWD? I never go "off-road" - should I avoid AWD?

I think there would be less wear and tare with a 2 wheel drive as opposed to the All Wheel, but I bought AWD because I live in massachusetts and need it!

3) "Sludge prompt"...is there a definitive way to tell if a car has the problem?

To read more about this topic go to http://www.autonews.com/news.cms?newsId=1534

4) What typically goes wrong with the cars? What should I look for when I am checking out a car? I was going to have a Lexus dealer do their checkout on the car anyway.

Where I bought mine it was a certified pre-owned, so it went through a 124 point check in order to be certified. These cars are extremely dependable and I don't see you haveing any major problems with one. As the old saying goes, "you get wat you pay for".

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links