Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

C Class Update From Former Is200 Owner

having moved from an IS200 to a new c class after over 3 loyal years heres my opinions on the change if anyone is considering one

first off i'd like to point out that i was and still am a loyal lexus supporter and wont have a bad word said about my old lex it remains the car that i have owned the longest, in fact only its age forced the change.

i am also still in the process of describing my new purchase as a 'stop over' untill the new model lex arrives :D .

anyway i arrived at the merc after taking alot into cosideration , but a big one was price, already posted on this one, was down to a4, merc, jag,and of course new bmw. in the end though with sport pack, auto, leather,mp, etc at under £21500 merc 180 k was clear winner, by about £5500 less than bmw

performance is actually improved over lex despite its diminutive 1.8 engine the supercharger makes up for it and in real terms feels alot faster than lex

another plus is fuel consumption being up 10 mpg on town driving!

comfort is on a par, sports suspension on merc makes it alot firmer than standard car and improves handling which i think has edge on lex

car is 100mm longer and this shows in rear legroom

overall so far then things looking goodand a good alternative to lex, miss sunroof and heated seats though

look of new is is growing on me and really wish it was out earlier to test drive

merc has got an image prob though, had road rage incident after 3 days old which was more down to envy than anything, never had that with lex as seems to more appreciated .

also will see if merc holds up to lex reliability, threads on merc forum suggest it wont but as mine is facelift model im hoping the bugs have been cured

dealer also not a patch on lex customer service but waaaay better than audi

ok thats it for now will let you all know when it goes wrong on me and give you all a 'told you so' oppertunity

Hi There

Went through similar dilema, although I left Lexus after terrible service and a number of problems with two GS models.

Bought an Audi A4 sport Cab. which I didn't use much, so late last year I bought an E class which I had wanted before but couldn't afford the model I really wanted!

Anyway.. a few months on and the dealers have been first class so far.. telephoned and wrote to me to ensure I was happy.. and when I went into to buy some bits the service people were very friendly and helpful.

So far the car hasn't missed a beat and drives and looks like the puppies bits!

Hope you enjoy yours as mush as I am enjoying mine.

Like you I still have a fondness for the Lexus.. just the dealers that let them down for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links